Thread: Snack food for labour

Default Snack food for labour

What are some ideas for snack food during labour? Something energising preferably?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Stuff with carbs for energy LOL! Light foods...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

LOL... I've got packed some poweraides and musli bars as well as hard lollies to suck.

what do bananas do?

chelleg Guest

Nothing to heavy. Lots of women take fruit, very light and easy to eat. Other favourites seem to be jellybeans and barley sugars.
    I'm working in Delivery Suite on Wednesday and Thursday next week - i don't want you to give anything away so don't tell me, but maybe i'll see you there!

Oh, maybe Chelle! Do you ever work in the maternity ward too?

Tegan I had powerade too, but I never drank it. I actually made ice cubes out of some too to suck on. Again I never used them, but they were there.

Anything you do take, make sure it is light, you don't want to spew up something very heavy. I agree on the fruit, mabe take in some banana's and oranges.

chelleg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by *Tegan* View Post
    Oh, maybe Chelle! Do you ever work in the maternity ward too?
    I do I work in K2 often which has both antenatal and postnatal beds, so if you go there i might see you there as well!How exciting. If i see your name at work, or see a birth announcement on here i'll track you down and come say hi!

Oh powerade ice cubes sound nice!

I would avoid acidic fruits, just in case you do vomit. That burns with out the added acid from an orange!
    I think I just mostly had lollies LOL & chocolate. But I don't remember really eating that much of what I took.

What about some cuppa chups ??

Actually I thought about the oranges after I posted and thought that they might be abit acidic.

I think its probably one of the things we over prepare for. I know with both boys I had stuff & didn't feel like eating much of it all. I did eat, but I was more interested in a "meal" rather then snacks.
    Maybe some frozen Dinners.

LOL Fiona I had 4 frozen dinners I brought with me for the maternity ward... this time I've packed 2 cup o'noodles as well as some cup o'soups.

This is the only thing i am over preparing for because i had nothing when i was in labour with Lily but i wanted to eat.

They brought Lunch in for DH while I was in labour with Evan & told him not to let me eat to much but I was scoffing it down off the plate.