Thread: Someone remind me why Im doing this!?

Default Someone remind me why Im doing this!?

Today officially marks my beating my personal best for baby gestation, I have never been this pregnant before. And while I am oh so happy that it means this pregnancy has gone 110% perfectly, I am so so over being huge and miserable My last two were inductions due to health issues and Im starting to struggle with the whole wait-and-see approach to labour. Every niggle, every bit of mucous has me hoping and then I wake up for yet another day of aching back, screaming stomach muscles and ridiculous tiredness; feeling like a fool for even thinking it COULD be labour starting

I know that when I go into labour and have my ULTIMATE dream waterbirth I will be so happy I decided to opt out of private care and an induction but Im finding it hard to keep that in mind when I get to the end of my rope and just want him out. And the way its looking right now, not even my acupucnture appts are going to help him out anytime soon - the idea of going 12 days overdue before induction makes me feel sick *sigh*

Remind me why Im doing this so I can try to relax and get on with waiting

To get another precious baby boy, fulfill your dreams and have your beautiful waterbirth!!

Hun I know it sucks....the waiting...not knowing.....and more waiting. And FWIW I struggled more in this part of my pg when I had the two other kids that I did before, maybe it's not wanting to be caught out and unorganised?? I dunno.

Didn't you go to the movies while in labour before?? lol. try that

huge .......just enjoy the last few days to focus on your boys

Yeah the having to leave the boys unexpectedly has me a bit stressed too. Im hoping to labour overnight so they won notice Im gone but our friend will be watching them and they know her well so I know theyll be fine to be left for a little while.

I think its more the physical tiredness, Im not sleeping well and when I roll over my muscles from ribs to thighs scream in protest plus the endless peeing so when I finally get back to sleep its a light one at best. A frequently feeding newborn is more appealing than this to me right now lol Its hard chasing two very energetic toddlers who still dont understand the whole baby-in-my-tummy thing and I just want to cry when I have to tell them no to sitting on my lap, going outside to run around etc If bub gets out then I can go back to doing those things again! If this tummy gets any bigger Im going to crumble into dust.

Haha yes I did go into labour with Ds2 at the movies at 36wks, its definately a thought for this weekend

Beause it's all part of the excitiment!! All part of the beauty of letting nature take it's course. Because it means your baby comes when he is ready for the world....

It's all so wonderful

xx

Do you remember that after you had baby and a couple of months down the track how all of a sudden you miss being pregnant?

Hold onto that thought!

Yes, listen to Inertia!!
    I miss my tummy And I was SO SO over it at 12 days overdue! I remember telling DH that I hated being pregnant and I never wanted to do it again. But now, only 3 1/2 weeks later, I miss my tummy I miss feeling her kick inside of me, even though she's here on the outside, lol. Remember those feelings, or try to, I know the last part is really hard.

Cause supposibly at the end of it, they give you a baby and let you take it home to keep.

Lol

Hope everything starts moving soon for you honey. Chin up.

Cause supposibly at the end of it, they give you a baby and let you take it home to keep.

Lol

Hope everything starts moving soon for you honey. Chin up.

The longest waiting for me was because of the impending date of Christmas Day - and she wasn't going to be the Christmas turkey

It is so hard with a toddler (not to mention 2 of them) to enjoy and rest during the last few weeks of the pregnancy. If this is to be your last one, try to concentrate on the positive parts you won't have again - the movements, the belly, the backache Look at all of it in the most positive way you can. You may never walk this road again.

If there is an option - head for the pool with the boys. The water will make you feel more mobile and less cumbersome and let you play with them if you feel up to it. Try to rest as much as you can - even if you can't sleep.

As for why you are doing this - you know why. And you will be great It will be amazing. Believe me and believe in yourself. No matter how this labour and birth occur you will be fabulous. And it will be soon

Because it's the last time you're going to do this (well according to you ) and once it's over and you're holding your beautiful boy you'll be so proud and amazed by what your body has done.

Hang in there, I know it's the pits, I've done it twice and expect to go over a third time. It's worth it.

Remind me why Im doing this so I can try to relax and get on with waiting.
    Because childbirth is a privlidge, not a right and you've been bless with such a wonderful privilidge! Besides good things come to those who wait

Because your beautiful little boy is growing bigger and stonger every day. You will not have him in SCN, he will stay with you the whole time. Mr J and Mr R are being like any other toddler, and learning how to go without what they want. Do you have a train set they can play with while you rest on the couch? He will be here soon hun, try to distract yourself and I hope it goes fast for you. I wish I was the one with less than 2 weeks to go!!

Anna I'm assuming the boys still have sleeps?? I used to fold out the futon or lay down foam matteress' in the lounge after lunch and this became 'rest time'. I put on a movie, we watched it ( always fell asleep, even if it was just for 15 mins) and more often than not one or two of them would drop off too. I also used to just park myself in the most comfortable position I could on the floor and get the kids to do the running around, lol. Running past me and i'd try to reach and catch them, or even just to get puzzles, books, games etc.

Remember it is very natural to feel like you are, your little man is just not quite ready yet. As some of the other girls have said it won't take long to miss feeling him inside you, and then not long after that it's hard to remember what it felt like to have a tummy with a bubs in there. I had my last baby in Sept 08 and could NEARLY be convinced to go one more time, I miss it so much????? Keep going to AC it worked for me, can they beef it up a bit?
    Good luck I understand how tough it can be when you are in pain and can't sleep, why it's used for torture I guess.

Hugs Anna, I know how hard the last couple of weeks have been for you. You'll have your little man in your arms before you know it and a few months down the track you'll be telling everyone his birth story with fond memories.

I have a theory - that the last week of pregnancy is like your child's late adolescence. Nature makes the experience as horrific for you as possible to make it easier to let go and kick them out of the nest/uterus. You go into labour totally psyched and unconflicted and willing to put up with anything to end the misery.

This year I've "encouraged" one child to leave home, and soon I'll be expelling one from my womb, so I guess it's given me an odd perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytoomany View Post
    I have a theory - that the last week of pregnancy is like your child's late adolescence. Nature makes the experience as horrific for you as possible to make it easier to let go and kick them out of the nest/uterus. You go into labour totally psyched and unconflicted and willing to put up with anything to end the misery.

This year I've "encouraged" one child to leave home, and soon I'll be expelling one from my womb, so I guess it's given me an odd perspective
    I like it