Thread: Something weird...

Default Something weird...

Is this just me??

Does anybody else who has had a c-section consider that they didnt give birth?

Someone asked me about my "birth story" and i said "oh i dont have one, i didnt give birth" :-k

Its weird as im happy with the way things turned out, but for some reason i dont really associate the operation with giving birth. Its not really something I think about, so i get a bit of a shock when i hear myself saying and thinking that i dont have a birth story and i didnt give birth, its like i skipped all that... i was pregnant, then i wasnt... nothing inbetween...

Weird....

Sweetie no matter how your precious bub entered the world, you still gave birth!

I have had 2 c-sections and i get really mad and upset with people who say i didn't give birth especially those people who consider c-sections as the "easy option".

Hiya Naomi,

Yeah i get angry when people question why someone might have had a c-section and when they consider it not giving birth. It really ****ed me off, even before i had mine, as my sister had to have 3 of the bloody things.... i think thats why im so shocked by what i find myself thinking and feeling.... I dont have anything against c-sections and i dont regret having mine at all, it was the best option with the info we had and i would make the same decision in a heartbeat..... so not sure where these thoughts are coming from and why i find myself thinking that way....

Is it weird for it to take some time to deal with the fact that one minute your pregnant and next thing your not?? It all happens so suddenly!

One minute i had a huge big belly with my little girl kicking away... next thing i knew, my belly was gone, i was alone in a hospital room unable to move and bubby was in special care. I didnt get to hold her that day, feed her, change her nappies... didnt really get to look after her at all for the first few days. Thats probably got a lot to do with the way i think.

Anyway, not that it matters now. Bubby and I are best of friends and Im so inlove with my little baby girl...... :smt055

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm actually in the early stages of writing an article along the lines of 'Caesareans: Not the Easy Option' so women like yourselves can share your stories. If you would like to contribute, please email me at [email protected] sharing why it wasn't easy for you and what you feel was harder - I want to break the myth that it's the 'easy' option as I feel it's harder in many ways.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.