Thread: Swollen Feet after birth

Default Swollen Feet after birth

My friend has just had her first baby, ending with a c section. Her feet have swollen like balloons, but had no problems with this during her preg. Any ideas on what it may be? Did anyone else suffer from this? I had a cs also, but did not get swollen feet.

mizzsocial Guest

I had a natural delivery,and my feet swelled like elephants feet!!!!! Midwife told me it was totally normal, and its just a hormone thing.. the swelling went down in about a day or 2..

tiggy Guest

It's very normal. It often gets worse before it gets better!

I had a ceaser and had huge feet so much that I had to take a photo. They hurt as the skin was so tight and I coudnt put shoes on. It did all settle down after a few days..hmm might of been a week.
    Bec

I had an emergency c/s and my feet where huge, it went down in a few days but my doctor suggested wrapping them in electric soda crystals (from the supermarket) and stockings and leaving them overnight. I didn't have to resort to this as they went down pretty much by the time I left hospital.

Yep, definately normal. I never had any sweeling during pg either but I got it after all three were born. Takes a few days to settle down. But all is usually good.

I have had an emerg csec, and vaginal births too, and after each one I had balloon feet!! I find keep walking, and drink heaps, wee often helps it come down.

Yep - i had it too after a vaginal (vacuum) delivery - total freak out! But yes, all ok and went down in about 5 days. I was told to keep them up and moving.

i had no feet probs during pg but after my emergency c section 2 days later my feet were huge - i couldn't even bend my toes & even my slippers were tight but it went down before i left hosp - midwife said it was from the extra fluid that my body had been circulating whilst pg