Thread: Are there symptoms that labour is coming on the next week

kirbee Guest

Default Are there symptoms that labour is coming on the next week

I am 38 weeks pregnant- other than nesting are there any symptoms that occur that mean labour is not far away???

Hi Kirbee, this is probably not what you want to hear, but there were no signs at all for me... One day I was going about my normal routine, the next I was in labour! Hope things go well for you

I had absolutely no signs with DD either!

The main thing that I noticed was an aching back. I was uncomfortable in any position when I was trying to sleep for a few days before.
    I didn't realise this untill afterwards though with my first.

Kirbee, I had nothing with Nyah and 2 weeks of pre-labor with Will, so who knows matey, good luck, not lomg now regardless.

Sorry - not much help here either! 2 weeks of prelabour and then induced for being 2 weeks late! Sorry.... Hopefully you get an easy run of it.
    Good luck!

I had heaps of pre-labour signs (cramps, headaches, nausea, BH, etc...) from 36 weeks, and went into labour at 39 weeks. The night before I went into proper labour I felt a bit down, but that was it until the full-on cramps/contractions started.

I know it's annoying, but you can either have weeks, days or no time at all of pre-labour signs... it's different for everyone and there are no rules!! #-o

Lee-Ann Guest

I agree with what some of the others said, I had no sign I was going to go into labour it happened when I least expected it to. I didn't even get the "nesting" thing either.

Pietta Guest

Hello,

I had not much at all- I had the overwhelming desire to drink red wine the night before i had Ryley though

for me there was nothing, then bamm -- contractions at 6 minutes apart.. anything could happen for you honey

jayne Guest

Default labour signs

i am 38 and a half weeks pg and i have had lots of intense b/hicks the last few days and so we thought labour couldnt be fair off, but now contractions are settling down again.
    it gets frustrating waiting and not knowing doesnt it!
    good luck