Thread: They say no one gets a medal...

Default They say no one gets a medal...

...for delivering a baby without drugs, but my GF did!

4 weeks ago my GF delivered her little girl without (IMO) pain relief. I think she did remarkably well: She was at a private hospital with an OB, and was induced because there was meconium in her waters. She endured an induced labour for 16 hours (and had a single shot of pethadine about 8 hours in). By the time her bub was coming out the pethadine had worn off and her OB pulled her little girl out with forceps.

Throughout the labour her OB gave her "the talk" 4 times: "you are heading down the path to an epidural and/or caesar - we can go there right now if you want". She resisted every time! For those of you who have had a vaginal delivery wihtout an epidural, I know you know how strong she must have been to say no in the face of the siren's call of pain relief.

DH and I both decided she deserved a medal - we got her one with "CHAMPION" on it.

I am so proud of my GF!!

PS: Her little girl is gorgeous

Wow! Good for her what a champion effort!
    I totally appreciate what she's done - I also had an 18 hour induced labour and there's no way in hell I could've got through it without pain relief.
    She did so well and deserves to be proud!

Congrats to your gf!
    I had a 32 hour posterior labour with a shot of peth and no epidural!I was dead against en epi and so glad i refused, esspecially after my doc at my 36 week check up said "the baby is posterior, it will be a long and painfullabour and you will NEED an epidural"

haha I had lots of gas too!! I loved the gas

YAY Congratulations to your gf. And what a great friend you are. She sure did deserve that medal, good on you for getting her one

That's a fantastic idea - I'm sure she appreciated her medal I've never been induced but from what I've heard it would be pretty full-on to do without drugs!

That's great!! How cool that you got her a medal!

And I think it's funny they say you don't get a medal, but you can feel mighty proud!!!!