Thread: time of BH and labour

Default time of BH and labour

I'm wondering - if you usually have BH and pre-labour contractions at the same time every day is this the time that you are most likely to go into labour?

Absolutely no idea Dach, but it is a very interesing theory though.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Dach,

with Zaki I got BHs everyday from 3pm to about 9pm for two weeks. So on the day I went into labour, I thought it was just BHs. It was only when it went well past the 9pm mark, and I got a show at 11pm that I realised that this was it! Yet by no means were the contractions strong enough for me to have figured it was labour.

I left my house when the contractions started getting painful and got to the birth centre at 2am. I had Zaki at 4am!

love
    sushee

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Many women go into labour at 9am these days ROFL!!!

Nah usually labour happens at night, it's like a cat and her kittens, she hides and goes somewhere dark where she will feel safe and her hormones will kick in. Flight 'n' fight response has such a huge place here.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I read that somewhere too, that most women has their babies at night because of that very reason, going back to when we were hunter gatherers.

Come to think of it, all my bubs came at night, even if the labour started during the day.

love
    sushee

nah, mine are all mealtime babies - Lindsay was Lunch, Erin was Breakfast and Paige was Dinner!

with my third bub, i had B/H contractions for 3 weeks, everynight betwwen 6-9pm, the night he was born, i went to bed sick to death of thinking is this the night for the last 3 weeks, i woke up at 10.30pm screaming, went to the toilet, my waters just gushed out got in the car, just got to hospital and he was born, 25minutes after i woke up, he was 2.5 weeks early weighing a healthy 9pounds.

chrissy :flower: