Thread: TMI Is this pre labour?

Default TMI Is this pre labour?

I have to admit I am trying to speed up the process, or I was until yesterday afternoon anyway. I had diarrhea all day yesterday, I don't know about today yet but I made breakfast and promptly vomited it up, nothing is painful, I am not running a fever, I feel just fine aside from period like cramps, if it is pre labour how long can this last? I am also one of those who is not too sure about whether or not I have had BH... I am all stressed out and eager at the same time now, I might have a shower and do my hair and makeup just in case it is the real deal Any answers would be great, I hate this being all uncharted territory..

What are you doing to speed up the process...castor oil?

Bubs won't come till he's ready most likely and since you are only 36 weeks, that could be for a good time longer yet You'll find that most information on induction at home recommends you wait till 38 weeks or more.

Period cramps can be a sign of prelabour, but this can last for a month or more in some cases. I had them for a long time with my DD and I went 2 weeks overdue. I had them pretty strong from 36 weeks.

If you are doing something for the labour that is inducing the diarreah and vomitting (like castor oil), I would advise you not to unless you are overdue and trying to avoid a medical induction. You don't want to be dehydrated and putting your body through that before you have to get through labour (believe me, you'll want all the strength you can get). If the diarreah and vomitting has just come on on it's own, it's either a virus or part of prelabour for you.

Good luck, I hope you don't have to wait too long

I would never touch castor oil, too yucky for me. I have just been doing nipple stimulation and acupressure but only sporaticaly, I get too lazy for routine things. I am definatly not able to keep any food down and after my shower the period pains got a whole lot worse, I am just trying to drink lots of water now I wish things were more obvious and less like a ticking time bomb.

Sounds like you may be in labour if the pains got worse after a shower, you should start timing them and ring your hospital/birth centre to see what they think.

hugs xoxo

Certainly sounds promising, are the pains in your back also? Could they be pains relating to a stomach upset?
    It does sound like prelabour to me, but yes, that can go on for a long time. Or it could be tomorrow It's all a good sign your body is preparing for labour.
    I've had days of prelabour this pregnancy, period pain so bad I can't sleep at night and even periods of time where I have painful regular contractions, really bad nausea and bowel upsets. I'm expecting this to go on for a while yet for me due to what happened last pregnancy. So yep, definately not unheard of to have prelabour this early.

Keep us posted on how you go!

The pains are in my back and seem to radiate forward and they last for about a minute or so but happen very irregular anywhere between 4 - 15 minutes apart, every so often I am getting some really bad cervix stitches as well where I can't even take one step, one other thing that has been coming about is my arms and legs seem to go numb as well. My boyfriends mum and him agree that I would know if I was in labour but I am hesitant to disturb doctors and midwifes just in case I am not, I have a very high pain tolerance and play things down because I dislike doctors. I don't know anymore, I guess it is too late to turn back eh?

Looking at my ticker maybe I will think of S-E-X, It was funny earlier I was thinking sex is just what I need to make the cramping go away, is that strange?

Oh Sarah! Im not sure either babe -but if your pains are coming regularly i would check anyway, Ive been having back pains too and i think bub has dropped, Al seems to think my whole belly is lower too and Ive had cervix pains - not sure if its all normal or prelabour or what? Isnt it all so frustrating!? Let us know how you go!

You don't have a case of gastro do you? I had it a week ago and was sure i was in early labour. The lower front and back cramps were getting unbearable and i also had vomitting (but escaped the diarrhoea...but the rest of my family copped that). I ended up on a drip in hospital for rehydration cause the Dr explained that dehydration from vomitting/diarrhoea can cause uterus and bowel spasms and can even bring on early labour if left untreated.

Tan I will let you know, I am just so frustrated not knowing, it has tapered off a little bit but not much for the last 20 mins, not as painful anyway, little Noah now has the hiccups hehe

Rae I am pretty sure it isn't gastro, the diarrhea had no cramping or pain with it and neither did the vomiting and now I don't have either, just the period like pains and really bad lower back pain.

I might call the hospital if the pain wakes me up, then I will know its the real thing. How scarey would it be if I woke up with a baby in the bed, that is my biggest fear at the moment.