Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting, Waiting..........

Default Waiting, Waiting..........

Hi everyone!!!!!

Im currently 40 wks and 4 days, impatiently waiting to meet my little man, Brandon James, but he seems like he is really settled in and comfy. I have had braxton hicks that have lasted a few hours and were coming at regular intervals (thought this was labour lol), they weren't painful and to my disppoinment they disappeared. The last time i had them was friday night. I started getting hardenings of my stomach every ten minutes from 9.30 till 12.15 am saturday morning, they stopped for half an hour then started again at 12.40am and were coming every five mintues, this was when i got really excited, as i also had abit of period pain accompany them. Then at 4am the were slowly disappearing and i went to sleep and woke up like nothing had happened I havnt had a show yet either, hoping though my cervix is not hard and like the end of my nose

Is anyone else overdue???? It would be great to know im not the only one going insane waiting lol..... I know though that with your first time its not unusual to go overdue. Im just a little eager to finally be at the end of the journey and yet im still waiting..... Though my sister was 11 days overdue and its helped remind me that the end is in sight. I have an appmnt on friday with the day assessment unit, from 11-3. I think they will set a date for induction for the following week, but im really hoping things will start off naturally and the induction won't be necessary as i would like the birth to be as natural as possible.

Hanging in there......

katanya Guest

Netti

I just replied to your re-intro post..i was VERy overdue, there are unfortunately heaps of us on here that are in the post dates club! I think the record (that I know of) was Christy, she was 17 days over..

I have always said there should be a support group for overdue babies, it is the hardest time, no amount of "it will come when ready" makes you feel better..

Just to let you know I tried EVERY old wives tale to get Felix out and if your cervix isn't ripe it isn't ripe..

My list: hot food, bumpy car trip, jumping up and down on the spot, sex in certain postions, oral sex and swallowing :-$ (read somewhere it has progestigen) walking, walking walking, doing out on my due date to a pub..NOTHING worked..unfortunately I was induded in the end..it's all good to fill in the time though!

The thing is with being overdue is you have been counting down to a date and then nothing happens it is a huge letdown..

Anyhow I'm here if you want someone who understands

NETTI you brat!! I was really concerned about your dissapearence!! Welcome back glad things are well!!!!!!!
    Hope your bubs comes soon!

One thing i have tried is walking, that gives me an energy boost and makes me feel better, but i don't think its helping getting the little one out any sooner. This is such an emotional time, as you do reach that date you start to question why things aren't happening and when will they??? lol When i go to the appmnt on Friday they will probly suggest induction if i make it that far. I would like to have the induction planned as late the following week as i can, as i want to have as much time as i can for things to happen on their own. But i know that i have to remember things may just not happen on their own. Is it safe to reach around the 42 week mark??? Does this have any affect on the health of the baby?? I know they say sometimes the placenta stops working as efficiently and amniotic fluid may decrease, meaning an induction would be sooner. I really dont want an induction though

Yey storm, not long for you now, hope alll goes well for a nice and easy labour (and not overdue ), sorry i concerned you but im BACK lol

katanya Guest

well netti I was induced, and the hospitals say that past 42 weeks is unsafe, but personally next time I would like to wait longer, being induced isn't very nice..but things when quite well for us anyhow..my birth story is around if you want to read how it went..

There are alot of woman who wait longer and go into spontanious labour, that said Felix was very cooked when he came out (he had really long fingernails and was dry and withered) but my placenta was fine apparently..I think it depends on where you are giving birth on their policies, apaprently the best time for an induction is 10-14 days over, any later and more risk of complications..

I really think now that baby's cook at the their own pace..I think my womb was a slow cooker, and will try to push back date next time so I get longer at the end, bit hard in your sitution..

Thanx Katanya,

My sister was 11 days over with her first, and ive thought id at least like to wait till around the 42nd week mark for induction (if i get there [-o< ) if i can and all is well with the bub. Im worried though about cooking the poor little thing LOL. But i guess the longer i have the more chance he will come on his own, but i think after 42 weeks id be too scared to keep going and just opt for the induction, plus i don't want him too big LOL.

Il just keep on [-o< ing

katanya Guest

actually interestingly they get smaller Netti, because the placentas tops working as well Felix was only 7'6" at nearly 42 weeks..hope this isn't your sitution though and Brandon comes earlier than that..

I say I'd go longer next time, but when you are in the sitution you want to do what is safest don't you?

Netti Have you tried drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea or taking the tablets?

It is best to start at 36 weeks but according to my SIL who is a Nurse if you take sips of it throughout the day it is suppose to prepare the cervix. I took the tablets then when I was 4 days overdue SIL told me to start drinking the tea so I did that but the next day I had an appointment with my OB who said I had a small pelvis/big baby/not engaged/cervix not ready and there was only one way out for Matthew. When he was born via c/s OB told me that Matthew wasn`t ready for another 7 - 10 days even though he was 6 days overdue and 9lb 4ozs.

I hope it`s not too much longer for you. What Hospital are you booked into?

Katanya- thats strange, i didnt think they would get smaller, maybe there not getting enough nutrients from the placenta as they need more. But yeh i want to do the safest thing, thats no.1 priority, its just hard to know whats right and safe etc as i don't want to leave it too late.

Deanne- i seen your little ones website, he is so gorgeous and 12weeks already, time flies. I havn't tried RLT, i have read some mixed opinions and i never actually thought of using it, but now maybe i should give it a go. (would it be too late though?). sounds like you had a bit of trouble there with everything getting ready. im yet to have an internal (on friday will be my 1st) so im unsure whats happening in that region. i know though that bubs is engaged, but he may not be really low. WOW on him still needing another 7-10 days and he was already a big boy LOL. At least you got him out in the end Im booked into a public hospital, in Sydney, Bankstown. I just had the midwives look after me through the pregnancy and they have been really helpful. I hope their just as good when i give birth LOL.

P.S I just went for a 40 mintue walk this arvo. Hope thats shook things up, i know the pressure from his head was enough LOL.

katanya Guest

try walking up and down hills that seemed to be the only thing that did something for me..Felix was engaged for 7 weeks..

Anyhow I have my fingers crossed you wont need to worry about 2 week overdue stuff

Netti - I agree Matthew is gorgeous and getting moreso each day Thank you for looking at his website. My SIL told me a story about a lady in similar circumstances to you, she was overdue and wanted bubs to come naturally, she wasn`t taking raspberry leaf tea until my SIL told her to get some and drink it all day long, obviously she was ready and it helped her cervix as she soon popped. Raspberry leaf tea will not bring you on but it will help the cervix ripen and SIL used to have it during labour also. They might even do a stretch and sweep on you when they do an internal on Friday.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Netti - the best thing to do in early labour is rest my sweet! You don't want to be going into labour exhausted from all that walking! The best thing to do is to go about your normal routine just as you would do on a normal day. I know waiting is agonising sometimes but trust that your little boy will come when he says it's right for him to come. If you feel relaxed, he'll feel relaxed and everything will just happen.

All the best for a wonderful labour
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Im not sure but i think i might be having some braxon hicks. I was so involved in posting i wasn't taking notice of the hardenings LOL. I will keep an eye on it though. I think il keep walking everyday, it may sloowwwwwwwwwwly be working LOL.

I think i will definitely get some RL tea 2moro. Can u get the tea and tablets at supermarkets or are they only in chemists? I hope they do a stretch and sweep on Friday. I read up abit on it and id like to try that b4 induction (if they do it). Can't wait for Friday

I could only find the tea in the health food shops and the tablets are available at both chemist and health food shops.

Good luck with it and rest like Kelly suggested.

Thanks Kelly. Its hard to try and rest though, im usually an active person and i can't stand sitting still LOL. Though i am right into the new harry potter book so i guess i can relax and finish that off over the next few days. I think i just had another braxton hicks, 15 after the other one, though that one was a little uncomfortable, hmmmm, will try and not get excited LOL

Default reply

Sweetie, just wanted to wish you all the luck for when little Brandon James comes.xx O

Thanx Nadia

Hope your little man arrives soon Netti.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast