Thread: Waterbirth Information Session - East Gippsland VIC

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Waterbirth Information Session - East Gippsland VIC

Waterbirth - “Minus the Mystery”

Come and have fun learning about deep water immersion for labour and birth at a practical 'HANDS ON WORKSHOP' presented by Brenda Manning RM & team.

Sunday, 28th May

Bairnsdale Neighbourhood House
    East Gippsland, Victoria

Full day 9.45 am – 4pm $80 (for midwives / attendants etc)
    (includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
    Half Day 9.45am – 12.15pm $30 (for couples)
    Concession $20
    (includes morning tea).
    Hosted by the East Gippsland Birth Support Group, the local branch of Maternity Coalition.
    Registration and enquiries to Gabe 0427 343 153
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Fletch I have some great waterbirth books you can borrow if you'd like. I had to order them in from America so I'm pretty sure you won't get them here.

Just let me know.

You can order some brilliant waterbirth DVD's and tapes from the ACE Graphics website, not cheap as they are usually imported (we're a bit behind with this waterbirth stuff in Australia, let alone everything else) but they are great.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hehe, I have a great video. Not sure it would inspire you though. Hmm really needs a beeper like on Big Brother

Kelly, they do have great videos, you can usually get some from private midwives too. I know that Jan Robinson has a few, I borrowed them, but they are pretty old.
    Last edited by Trish; May 23rd, 2006 at 02:41 PM.

Old as in used? I think if you said that to a private midwife she would probably say that birth hasn't changed - waterbirth is waterbirth But I know what you mean I'm just a birth addict who will watch any birth videos hehehe!!
    Kelly xx

Lol, both ways kel. Your right, babies still go in the same way and they sure come out the same way I'm the same Kelly, I have watched so many videos and looked at so many pictures. It's a thirst for me that is never quenched.

Do you think you'd work in the birth industry? Or am I slack and haven't realised that you do already?!
    Kelly xx

Kelly I am at the moment looking to do direct entry midwifery. The only problem is that they don't offer it in NSW. I have been looking at doing Doula training in Sydney too. Still waiting for them to get back to me.

I want to go too but can't! Do you have to be pregnant to go? I am just realising there is no info regarding this... Trish you and I shall chat at a later date

No problem Nell