Thread: Waters breaking in the shower ?

Default Waters breaking in the shower ?

Hi all ,

Just a quick question - if my waters happen to break while im in the shower will i know??

I think mine broke in the bath!!At first I thought it was just bath water (sorry if TMI) but it actually continued for the next 12 hours!!!!!!!! So there was no way I couldn't know. I don't know HOW much liquid was inside me, but it consistently poured out for that whole time (and MUCh more towards the end) so I would think that it wouldn't all happen in a minute or two. I may be wrong, but that was just my experience! Good luck xo

kirsty Guest

Even if they do break in the shower, it will most likely continue to some extent once you get out of the shower ~ so you should be able to pick it up then.

Sometimes you may also experience a "pop" like sensation (I did in my last labour) where I felt relief from a build up of pressure.

I'm sure you'll know when your waters decide to break, best of luck

Yup.. even if you have a massive gush like I did when they broke.. it STILL keeps coming! LOL.

I was already having contractions and the waters breaking was one contraction that I was squirming through and just could NOT get comfortable, so I stood up (I was eating dinner at the time) and they broke. I think you'll feel some sensation, and if not, you'll most likely continue to leak for a long time afterwards.

Mine broke in the bath while I was in labour. I had no idea and just kept trying to wipe myself until I realised

tiggy Guest

You'll definately know.
    Your body keeps reproducing amniotic fluid until your baby is born.

I definately felt a pop and knew for sure my waters had broken while I was in the bath.

Mine broke just before I got inteh shower but it was just a dribble not a gush, but continued to dribble untill the birth later the next day. I am pretty sure there was a gush during labour though.