Thread: Ways to induce labour naturally

angel_eyes Guest

Default Ways to induce labour naturally

I've been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and have been warned that I may be induced after 38 weeks.

I was really hoping to go into labour naturally rather than being induced.

I'm wondering if anybody knows ways of inducing labour naturally?

I've heard or castor oil & orange juice, sex and walking.

Any others?

angel_eyes,
    Apart from what you mentioned, try a hot shower or nipple stimulation.

cheers, sherieb

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

You can say no to the induction You'll read many stories of GD mums being induced and they don't often have big babies, some very small. But there is an article on BB to help with natural induction: http://bellybelly.com.au/articles/bi...uction-methods

Above all though, baby will come when ready, so none of those induction methods may work if baby isn't ready to come, especially if you are trying before 38 weeks - but good on you for trying the natural stuff first All the best!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Have a look at the BellyBelly article about Natural induction on the main site you can find it HERE

Love

LOL Snap Kath!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

angel_eyes Guest

Triple snap I just found that article :-)

Thanks for the help girls.

I would advice against caster oil. Because it makes you get the runs, which can also make baby pass meconium, which isn't good.

Akeesha Guest

I would also advise to stay away from castor oil. It is not that flash for you or bubs if it doesnt work.
    I am also looking at natural induction methods and am going to do a post here in a minute. I am actually booked in for acupuncture next Thursday and I will be just over 38 weeks at that point. I have heard it has a very high success rate (88%) of bringing a woman into labour after 1/2 or 3 sessions (usually one or 2 can be enough). I am pretty aware though that if bubs isnt ready nothing will work.
    Hope that you can avoid being induced medically and get to go into labour on your own.
    Good luck!
    Lisa

They usually only do accupuncture if you are overdue - but good luck.
    Kelly xx