Thread: What are the chances?

Question What are the chances?

I had a very quick first labour, 2 hours 5 minutes to be exact.

A little bit of background, I was induced, I had one lot of gels (which I believe is only used to ripen the cervix?) and then my waters broke on their own and I was in labour. I was fully dialated within an hour and took another hour to birth DS.

Firstly, is this classed as an induced labour as the gels were the only intervention?

Secondly, what are the chances of me having another quick (or quicker!) labour?

Thanks

Don't have an answer for you but very interested to hear peoples thoughts. I had a 4 hour induced labour and have wondered if the next will be the same. I certainly hope so

not sure about the whole were you 'induced' or not, surley if labour was that fast, the gel may have ust speed up the start??

either way I would be cautious next time around.

but for Delphmoon, my first was induced and 4 hours, second not induced and 4 hours.

yes you were induced as the gels are the start of induction..
    I think you will most likely have another quick labour even with out the inducement although what is called quick may be different to others

Thanks for your replies, all of the other replies I had must of been gobbled up, which is weird as they were after my original post?

They used pitocin to induce labor in both my DS and DD, the 1st was around 4-5hrs and the second was under 3hrs.

i didnt think that potocin was actually called induction unless you had the administered drug that goes through the drip also??
    interesting with my first i had the gel and that didnt work so i had the drip one too (cant remember the name lol sorry) and it was 4 hrs and my third i had the drip one no poticin and that was an hr n a half but my middle was a disaster so i have no idea if it gets better... im hoping this one will go really fast too lol..

Amali, anything that starts off your labour for you is an induction - whether it be breaking your waters, gel or the synctocinon drip.

Jaycee, it is likely that your next labour will be quick, but it's hard to say really. my 3rd bub was induced, and it was only 4.5hrs, but my 4th wasn't and it was 6hrs.

wow i am so jealous! My first labour was not induced and 16 hours, 2nd was induced and 22 hours my 3rd was not induced and 21 hours before they decided to do a c-sec.

Good luck with your birth i hope it goes smoothly and just as quick as your first

As far as I know pitocin is what the drip is?...Well either way I was induced and it says in the birth notes in their books that I had an induction.

I was already hospitalised while pregnant with DS due to PE, my waters broke the night before they wanted to induce me but no contractions had started by 9am, so the drip went in.

DD, we went in for the induction (again PE, but not as bad), she broke the waters, put the drip in and away we went!