Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the chances...

thanks guys-- will check em out

Danni,
    My fourth baby was breech and she decided to go head down after acupuncture and various other things...

Something you can try that I did and I have seen it work successfully with other women...

Babies respond to light and sound - they move their ears and eyes to it. So, shine a torch on your lower belly - just above the pubis. Play music (something quite noisy - loud but not too loud) down there too. Do this 3-4 times a day for about 30 minute increments. I know it sounds a bit out there but I have seen it work and I did it in conjunction with acupuncture.
    Maybe some of the BB Melbourne women could give you some advice on a good acupuncturist nearby to you.

Talk to Junior and tell him if it is safe for him to be head down that he please move that way. That may sound out there too but your baby DOES understand you and respond to you...

Goodluck Danni.

thanks Deb, Junior and I have discussions a lot Although they are a bit one-sided at the moment.

not yet, i will soon.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Acupuncture in the CBD - Iva Baloun is good, lots of successes with her.

You seem to be really leaning towards the c/s though Danni, from the sound of your posts?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

OK, Danni, time to get tough with the powers that be. Write a birth plan - you can definitely have one of these even with a C-S! Emphasise the importance of skin to skin contact and immediate BF after birth. Emphasise that you do NOT want your baby taken away from either your sight (if at all possible) or your DH's - there should be no reason that the baby's daddy can't be with the baby after the procedure.
    Whoever you have in there with you needs to be yours and the baby's advocate and MUST feel as if they are strong enough to state your case to the medicos.
    I hope baby turns for you, Danni! If not, find someone to stand up for you when you're unable to

Well said, Shannon
    Same goes for birthing in water in a hospital that doesn't 'officially' do waterbirths but allows labouring in water...they can't make you get out!
    Whatever you decide on, Danni, make sure it's done YOUR way. One way to phrase it in a birth plan is to say that 'if there is no medical necessity, leave the baby with mother for skin to skin contact and immediate breastfeeding'. And then put in the clauses about if they DO need to take the baby, that the father remains with the baby at all times etc.
    I had a mostly natural birth (the placenta needed to come out early cos of excess bleeding, and it was a birth centre, so they didn't want to do this, but had to) and even my birth plan had a contingency for an emerg C-S with these clauses. They KNEW what I wanted, in all scenarios.
    Inverted positions, meditations where you visualise the baby turning, acupuncture...try it all, honey!

ok i have looked at the spinning babies website and only found a short bit on breech babies? it didnt tell me what to do?

I find it so hard to be in any postition except seated at the moment. Can my fit ball help?

Accupuncture would be good but the CBD is way too far from here, and the local guy costs a fortune. I might have to ring around and see if there are any cheaper ones.

At the moment, I am not too concerned if he turns or not. he's the boss!
    With the amount of pain Im in, id rather have him out-- safe and sound on the outside.

I originally said I would never have a c/s no matter what, but after speaking to a few people who recently had them, its not as bad as I thought. There are so many pros and cons for both vag birth and c/s So i dunno!

Ik: thank you. Im definitely going to do all of those things.

Shannon: I think im too scared to attempt the vag delivery. Being a public hospital and lack of OBs there (mainly midwiveS) and they are always so busy..im too scared of something going wrong.

If the BFing is important to you, vag birth will give you a far better initial experience, purely for the physical comfort bit. As you may not have an option (well, they'll let you believe that), I'd be getting in contact with the ABA group in your area, or an ABA phone counsellor, and speaking to someone about advice on feeding after a C-S, in terms of positions etc.
    Baby is 'the boss', so to speak, but it's getting your hormones and vibes, so the more endorphins you can run through your bloodstream, rather than adrenaline, the more chance you have of that kidlet turning Adrenaline will interrupt the 'normal' flow of things and disrupt what should be occurring, endorphins will allow the natural systems in your body more scope to do what they should be doing, because you will feel too good to think about it and they will have the freedom to act without your input IYKWIM? In other words, relax, do stuff that makes you feel good. Even if this baby doesn't turn, it can only be a good thing to kick back and let your body do what it's going to do, right? I mean, your body knows better than your mind does about what to do from here...how much thinking did YOU have to do to grow that baby in you? You DID it, but not because you worried about it or had much conscious input into the baby growing process! Birth is similar - the best you can do with that pesky mind of yours (and mine, and any other woman who has birthed before) is to think positive, think loving, zen thoughts, and have faith in your body
    Put it this way, if you are producing those feel-good hormones, endorphins, your body is physically incapable of simultaneously producing adrenaline, which is a stress hormone that interrupts normal programming (much like a storm warning during TV watching!). That is not just a hippie theory, it is physiological fact. Knowing this saw me obsessively doing my breathing, because deep breathing promotes endorphin production. Make sense?
    Anyway, I think I've said enough!
    Thinking of you and wishing you the very best experience you can have, regardless of the birth method :hugs:

thanks Ik, certainly does make sense

Having a baby two to four weeks earlier than they are due (cos due dates aren't always right!) carries risks too. If you do decide to have a breech birth, you can ask for midwives and doctors who have experience in breech birth. Or you could opt to see an Ob who does breech birth regularly, but that would mean private fees tho.

If you choose a caesarean, I certainly hope you can make some ground at the hospital, they need to start listening to women and supporting beneficial practices like immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding... all the best with what you choose
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!

Thanks Kelly...i wish I did have the funds to opt for a private ob. Meredith's birth story truly was an inspiration!

Believe me, I will definitely make it known to EVERYONE in the hospital that no one is taking away my baby if I have the c/s. They wouldn't dare try

Quote Originally Posted by Danni View Post
    Believe me, I will definitely make it known to EVERYONE in the hospital that no one is taking away my baby if I have the c/s. They wouldn't dare try
    Somehow I believe you Danni!

good sez! Cos its true

Ok, maybe we can get this thread locked now? My initial questions have been answered and Im happy with the information I have now....It seems to be getting way off topic here and my choices are being judged

I don't think anyone is being judgemental, but happy to close it for you.
    Kelly xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12