Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you wear through labour?

Default What did you wear through labour?

I know it's a matter of personal preference, but I'm packing my labour bag this weekend and it got me wondering... T'shirt, hospital gown, nothing?!?

I've got a big-a$$ stretchy nightie, cotton with short sleeves (hate winter ones). Hopefully I will get to use it soon.

(I feel uncomfortable enough wearing nothing just walking around the house lately, so there's no way I'm doing it in the labour ward LOL!)

Pearl

I bought a nightie specifically for labour, but then I was too scared to get it soiled so once my waters broke I wore a hospital gown ROFL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

hospital gown 8-[ I knew that it would/could be a gory process so I thought I'd not worry about my own stuff LOL

I just wore a t-shirt. It said 'Natural' on the front. Thought it would help me have a natural birth, i like to think it worked

Melody Guest

Yep.... hospital gown for me too. I have to say it was the least restrictive thing going which was exactly what i wanted.

Also... probably a bit confrontational but the absolute BEST thing I packed (quite by accident) was a dark brown face washer. I packed it to clean my face but ended up rolling it up (in a log shape) & just gently placing it between my legs after a shower. You will be quite sore, unable to wipe & probably loosing a bit of blood. It was perfect until I got my underwear on.

The hospital provides white washers but that was the last thing I wanted to use IYKWIM.

Un unexpected tip.... It just popped into my mind.

I bought a crimson nighty, anticipating it would get blood on it. However, didn't get anything on it! It was silky and I felt quite sweaty during labour - looking back it could have been better to wear a cotton hospital gown.

I used the hospital gowns too. Just a tip if you want to walk about you can put one on in each direction so there are no gaps IYKWIM.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hospital gown here too, much easier and you don't have to worry about messiness

Yeah being in labour was the first time mum had seen me nakes as well for QUITE a long time LMAO. As for what I wore, just your standard pretty (NOT) hospital gown. I did wear my own nightie till things had to get messy the first time with Kameron but just went straight into the hospital gown with Lachlan

Love

I just wore an old nighty. This time I will buy some crappy cheap cotton nighty to wear then throw out. I felt more "myself" having my own clothes on.

(I most certainly WOULD NOT like to be naked, last time I wished that they turned the lights out lmao)

hehe!! I just read the subject line and it took me straight back to my labour. I was wearing comfortable pants and one of DH t-shirts on the way to the hospital but as soon as the m/w took us to the birthing suite all i could do was strip off my clothes! It was quite primal for me i needed to be naked to feel connected. Anyway that was quite funny for me as one of my greatest worries throughout my pregnancy was how i would feel being naked in front of everyone!

i started out with the intention to wear my own nightie, but ended up with a quick 1 1/2 hour labout and naked! i was in the shower having contractions after being induced and the next thing i was bearing down in the shower and the DR asked me to hop onto the table to be examined and i was 10cm and time to push!! not bad for a 1st child !

Lee-Ann Guest

Both times I was in a hospital gown, I'm not sure I could go naked, but who knows when you're in labour anything is possible!

I think I was in my maternity top and a new pair of trakkies at the beginning, which quickly got discarded after the first couple of internals. And then I just didnt care!!!
    The funny thing was that my trakkies were brand new and were malting TONS of black fluff everywhere, all over my legs and the floor, LOL, sorta embarrasing actually.... 8-[

*Rachel* Guest

I packed a 'big' nightie', I started off in the hospital gown, but between the 'big bath' and the bed, ended up in nothing (I didn't care by that stage LOL)

I wore my BB Tee for most of the time then changed into one of DH's T-shirts when I got too hot.

Melinda Guest

From the beginning I had decided I would just wear a hospital gown. I figured that if I was going to be in/out of the shower/bath etc I didn't want to be mucking around!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast