Thread: What do you think??

Default What do you think??

OK bit of background. my first labour was induced and took 5 hours although I was already 4cm when they broke my waters and started the drip. This time went to OB office on Monday and I am already 3-4cm although not having much in the way of regular painful contrax just tons of BH and irregular cramping and painful contrax.

My question is... I have this burrowing feeling, like bub is trying to squirm even lower and just lost a huge clump of my mucus plug. It is quite uncomfy like lots of tightening and stretching - is this promising? Could this be dilating even more - I really don't want to have this baby in the back seat of the car :-) Is it possible to have a "painless" labour? i don't remember my last labour feeling THAT bad so I'm really confused and probbaly sound like a nut now :-)

hehe, thanks fletch. After all this false/prelabour stuff I just hope I know when it is the real thing :-)

Giving birth in the car could depend on how far away from the hospital you live

Sounds promising! I'd ring the midwives too, see what they say. Remember that subsequent births can happen a lot quicker!

As for painless labour - my mum didn't know she was in labour until she was nearly fully dilated and her waters broke and she went to the hospital, and out I popped!

Good luck!