Thread: What helped you

Default What helped you

Hi, just wondering if anything helped you go into labour, I am currently eating pineapple as i have herd that it can help you, also have herd using a breast pump to stimulate contrations, so i am going to try that later tonight, i am so over this pregnancy. have been having b/s on and off fot the last few days and have had some very painful ones, that lasted contiually for 5 hours.
    Thanks

Sex, but you need to orgasim. oxytocin is released during an orgasim and its also what is released during labour. I have also heard that something in the seamen stimulated your cervix.

hey kmh
    i had my 39 week appointment today and my doctor told me to take long walks up and down hills also sex help but she said when you man drops his load you are to put a pillow under your bum so it makes the sperm head towards your cervixs the sperm can get the hole thing started so me and my hubby will be starting this from 12am 1st july lol i belive it only coz my ob told me it will work hope this will help

Sex is the last thing on my mind most of the time! I have a midwife friend who really pushes sex to bring on labour. I say go for a good walk, sit squating (not sure if that would help but sounds good lol) and just try to relax till it happens. it will happen when its ready too. I don't think anything will stimulate it before its ready. I think if you are overdue its fine to try & encourage labour but before hand.... just enjoy it best you can till its all over, pg that is.

I think there's protoglandin in semen (same as what's in the induction gel)?? Something like that anyway.

I didn't do anything to bring it on, so can't really suggest anything. I think even with all these methods, it's still ultimately up to bubby when they're ready to come

Good luck and i hope things get moving for you soon!

*labour vibes* to all!

If sex when you are so far along is relly uncomfortable girls, try spooning for sex, that way your belly can rest on a pillow, and hubby can be really gentle.
    I am not sure as what things work,,,but i will give you a list of my failed attempts after being given them from advising friends:
    DO NOTS!!
    Curries - they just give you heartburn
    Rasberry leaf tea- it just tones your uterus
    Cod liver oil - gave me the WORST diarroeah in my life,,,honestly the worst one of all!!
    horror movies - just gave me nightmares
    resting bump against washing machine on spin - my god, how stupid can the suggestions get?? didnt even try this one in case it was actually dangerous for bub
    Mowing the lawn - They can blow this one out their ass,,,,,,what 40 week pregnant woman wants to go mow the damn lawn??
    Driving over bumpy roads - gave me a bruised feeling belly

I am sure the list goes on, but they were all the really bad ones my family tried to insist we try,,,,,ended up having a c-section anyway

I personally don't think bub will come until it's ready. With DD, I had "the runs" for several days before she was born. Maybe that was my body preparing for the birth, so I didn't make a mess when she was born?? LOL. Also, I suddenly got domestic around two days before (believe me - that's very wierd in itself, seeing as I'm allergic to housework!).

So my body was telling me she was coming before I tried anything to bring it on - and she was 6 days early (born on my birthday!).

I hope your pregnancies don't drag on too long for you - it does feel like you've been pg FOREVER, especially when you get near the end!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello all,
    well, I'm 3 days overdue and feeling worse for ware, think I will ring B/C soon and see if someone can see me tonight, I'm in a bit of a state. Everything hursts, joints, headache, muscles, skin etc... I feel like there is something wrong with me... anyway, This is what I've done to date:

Spicy food
    DTD and orgasims
    nipple stimulation
    walking and walking
    EPO and Zinc (orally), and now my wonderful cousin who is a nanny wrote to be about taking EPO (vaginally - sorry if TMI).. combined with Zinc orally. there is a forumal which you need to follow however I'm not allowed to give it to anyone until they are over 40 weeks (sorry she made me promise not to post it). If you are over 40 weeks I can send it to you.. I'm trying it this afternoon so I will let you know how that goes.

Girls I tried them all as well LOL nothing new to add to the list... and we started at 38 weeks and in the end Matilda was 17 days overdue.... have you had a look on the main site on the article of Natural Methods for Induction?

Have to say Lil Aussie that mowing the lawn has a ring of truth to it. My MIL told me that when she was pregnant with her 1st, she mowed the lawn at 36 weeks, and gave birth that night!

i really want this baby out as i went to the hospital last night with irregular contrations that have lasted for 5 days, and they said it can contuinue for another 2 weeks, bubs is engaged, i am so over the whole thing and the pain at the moment, i just want bubs out.

awww Kelly *hugs* I hope baby listens & cooperates soon!!!