Thread: What methods of nipple stimulation?

Question What methods of nipple stimulation?

Hi there

wanting to try the nipple stimulation method to help things along
    please share with me if nipple stimulation helped you and your experiences
    and what methods you used or something eles that helped you get things moving along would really appreciate your suggestions cheers

YES it did help me, DH stimulated my nipples from 30 weeks onwards and I got my milk on Day 4 after my baby was born and had a great supply the midwifes were very impressed and do believe it was from the nipple stimulation that helped things along. DH stimulated them by hand but you could also try using the breast pump I guess?

Are you trying to bring on labour? I'm being induced tomorrow so I've been trying everything in the book this week to go on my own before then.

Last Friday before I started trying things I was 1cm dilated. Since then I've been on my breastpump for 20 mins each bb twice a day and having lots of sex LOL. I was checked again on Friday and am now 3cm dilated and I've been losing my plug and having contractions for a few days. So I guess it's doing something - I don't think this bub is too far off coming on his own actually, induction aside.
    The breastpump does a much better job of it than either me or DH
    We've just been doing sex, walking and nipple stimulation - I'm going straight for the big guns - other things to try are evening primrose oil, pineapple, eggplant, and swimming.

Good luck I hope it happens for you soon!
    Last edited by Tobily; October 8th, 2006 at 10:58 AM.

I do this every night and every night i get strong braxton hicks, but they go away the next morning.

Check out the article on the main site about Natural Induction Methods there may be some fresh ideas to try.