Thread: What is Vertex OA?

Default What is Vertex OA?

I had a look at my birth record & it says presentation was Vertex OA. I've been searching the net & can't find what that means exactly.

Well I finally found my answer after posting But let me make sure this is correct? Vertex is head first compared to breech which is bum or feet first. OA is occipit (sp?) anterior, which means if I was laying on my back bub would be looking at the floor?

This obviously means that Zander turned at some stage during labour because he was posterior when labour started. Wouldn't I feel that?

It's on the discharge papers I got when I left the hospital. One copy went to our GP, one to the ECHN and one into the blue book. I'm also considering asking the hospital for a copy of my notes, just for interests sake.

There was a discussion here not long ago, let me see if I can find it... BRB

ETA: here it is

I think thats the ideal positioning Sarah? OA is definitly occupit anterior which is the way you want them to present I believe (opposite to posterior).
    I think it means that bubs is facing your back.
    My birth record just mentions Persistant OP over and over again......

When the nurses visited me at home I asked for my birthing notes & she came back the following morning (Grand Final day) to drop them off & weigh Indah as she was asleep the first day she came!!!

I'm still trying to get mine and I had a homebirth, not like I have to go through the damn hospital to get them