Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite labour/delivery memory?

cazoraz Guest

Default What is your favourite labour/delivery memory?

There was a thread like this on another forum I visit, it was great to read everyone's little stories from their labour and delivery, so I thought I'd start it here too.

What is your favourite labour and/or delivery memory? Whats the one memory that you treasure the most about the whole experience (good or bad)?

xxxCaz

I loved the conversation I had with DH, while we waited to be taken to have a planned csect. It was so calm peaceful,loving and reflective.
    Also the kisses I got from my mum and dad as I was taken to theatre waiting for the lift and seeing them as I came back and told me that "she was beautiful".
    Bec

Hi - planned CS here too - when they lifted Alex up and Nick said he was a boy and all I could see was this very wrinkley purple bottom and I laughed and cried some more.

Similar thing with Caitlin, when they lifted her up and she was kicking and screaming and purple, I laughed and cried.

Barb.

Handing that new born baby to mum and seeing the look on her face as she holds it for the first time. This is such a special moment for me.

cazoraz Guest

Awww I love hearing all these moments, it takes you back doesn it? You get so caught up in stuff that you forget how special it was...

With Lucy, the best moment was seeing Phil's face when he looked at her in my arms. I was a bit spaced out from the gas and totally exhausted and I dont think I'd even properly looked at her yet, but when I saw the look on his face my heart melted, and I looke down at my little girl in awe that she could do that to her daddy...*sniff*

With Cole, the most memorable thing to me was before he was out, during the pushing stage. I can remember a contraction coming on and that overwhelming urge to push and I just ROARED like an animal. I remember feling like I wa san animal and it was just me and this baby that had to be born and there was nothing else in teh world, I couldnt hear anyone or see anyone it was just me and it felt really...primal and powerful.

Maybe I'll have to do it again... :-k
    xxxCaz

The bubbly feeling after the babys head is born and the body comes sliding out. I felt it with an epidural with Kameron and it is a feeling I will never forget.

Love

I was totally unprepared for the massive rush of emotion that came the minute I saw Emma. That was it for me, when they held her up and showed me, I have never felt anything like it!

Ive had the most amazing experiences with the girls..ive been so incredibly blessed but this time around i burst into tears when Sammy was held up..all i could see where his little testicles..lol....and i felt an overwhelming surge of love and felt so complete...i never knew that i had yearned for a little boy to love.

Jo

For me, in the middle of a contraction "Hurt so good" came on the radio! I thought it was hilarious..DH didn't. Then later on the midwives asked what names we had picked out... then the radio started playing Mambo No5. - i think that's what it was called? the one where he sings "A little bit of Monica in my life, a little bit of... or however it goes. Needless to say, I thought it was funny, DH didn't.. might have had something to do with the gas!

Nic

My most special moments were after each of my three were born and they were placed on my tummy. My most memorable moment was when I was having my first (a boy) and my hospital had a bush bursary student visiting. Tic was his name and he had never seen a birth before. Anyway he was there generally assisting the MW for the last 2 hours and when Lindsay's head started to crown DH and the MW were urging me on and here's Tic, sitting at the end of the bed, arms waving in the air cheering me on like he was backing the winner in the Melbourne Cup!! I hope I gave him some memorable expeiences to take home with him!

Cheers, sherieb =D>

ROFL Nic!!! Thats great!!!

Aaww sherieb - how cool - he will probably always remember it!

I had a c/section so i would say when they lifted Alexander out it was the best moment ever. I never saw that when i had Kimberley she was taken away after one small look.

Mason turned around just as he was crowning, which felt very freaky and he squealed as soon as his head popped out.
    I delivered Angus squatting and he was laying on the bed so calm, I knelt over him and rubbed his belly.

Oh ladies, All your little "moments" are just beautiful! I cant wait to experience my own!

I think expecting this little blonde/ginger thing with pale skin to come out (Shane's other sons are pale with re/blonde hair), and what came out was a gorgeous olive skinned baby with heaps of dark hair and she just looked gorgeous.
    All I could say was - "She's perfect". I was in shock, and if someone had taken an extra second to get her to me, I wouldn't have believed she was mine.

Fi

I have to say that it would have to be DP's reaction, he was sobbing and kissing me telling me she was perfect. I couldnt see her as she was behind me and i was on my knees but I was bust to see her.

When I did get to turn around and hold her I will never forget her looking straight into my eyes and she was so calm and beautiful. My favorite photo is one of me and her and she is still all mucky and she is just staring at me. Oh, i love it

I so cant wait to do it all again

Mine was after DD was born and she was put on my tummy and we're all saying "she's beautiful" and then I asked if anyone had checked that it was definitely a girl!!! No one had!!!!!!! So the moment waiting to confirm everyone held their breath. It was funny, exciting, sweet all at once.
    I also liked that because I had no drugs I really knew what i was doing and could coach myself through, saying it wouldn't be long and the pain would pass. I appreciated feeling everything even though it was hell. With No1 I didn't get that with my; epidural. But with both daughters the most amazing thing was meeting them and just cuddling them. xox

lucysmummie Guest

OMG If you guys all saw what a blubbering mess I am right now you would all probabley laugh at me!

Ive only got like nearly 7 months to go and all I can imagine is pain but now I can think of other things.... you guys rok!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast