thread: What's going on - postpartum bleeding (TMI)

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Question What's going on - postpartum bleeding (TMI)

My PP bleeding stopped about 3-4 weeks after my c/s. Then, at about 5 weeks PP I had a small bleed and thought my period might have been starting back up again - but then it stopped. Now, at 7 weeks PP I've had a little bleed again, except this time there was a small clot too, which I remember hearing wasn't so good. What on earth is going on? Is the bleeding just still going? Or should I be concerned?

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

Are you BF? Usually you would expect to have the bleeding stopped by now. I have heard if your AF then its quite normal for your AF to return at 35days (If your AF from the start) Clots are not good at this stage however if the bleeding has stopped now maybe your body has now got riden of a retained product and the bleeding will be gone. If your still bleeding you probably need a U/S to confirm all the products of the pregnancy are gone and you Hb checked to make sure your not aneamic. If your bleeding too much you will probably be aneamic. I would call the hospital or go to your GP and tell them what has happened and see what they suggest. I have heard of people having retained products even 6months after so its not too late to still have something inside which shouldn't be there.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

Also how big was the clot? If its only 5cent piece size that would be different compaired to say a 50cent piece size or bigger.

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

I am exclusively b/f. The clot was small, but still definitely a clot. Am not bleeding heaps, but it is new, dark blood.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

selina id have it seen too hun