Thread: When did you go to hospital?

Default When did you go to hospital?

Hey girls,

Just wondering how far apart/how intense your contractions were before you went to hospital?

Thanks!

I was in labour for 28 hours before i went to the hospital, but somehow i just knew it was going to be long and there was no rush. My contractions were about 4 mins apart i think and it turns out i was 9cm dilated when i got there!

When my waters broke.. I called the hospital about 30 minutes after my waters gushed out and the midwife said to come in. I was having contractions 3 minutes apart. When I got there, I was 4cm dilated.

Snce posting this you have had your baby! how amazing !

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It's good to stay home as long as you can, when you feel you are worried about the trip in the car or are not getting the support you need, then go in... of course if you are worried about anything you should too. Labours progress faster at home and sometimes slow or stall on the way or when you get there.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

My ctx started at 4am and were 10 min apart. By 7pm that night they were about 4 minutes apart so in I went....to find I was already 10cm! I spent the day pacing the corridor and in the shower/bath which I probably why I was able to stay home as long as I did. Good luck!
    Oh! Just read you've given birth! Congratulations! So when did you go in to the hossy?!

With number two my first contraction was so intense that Im sure it was transition. I got to hospital about half an hour later and they said I could push when I wanted. Didnt feel like pushing, but decided after a while of intense pain that I should try,and low and behold a baby came out. 1 hour 54 for the entire thing. I never felt the need to push. I would just say call the hospital and ask their advice.
    I did call the hospital even though I knew it was the time, but more to tell them i was on my way. xxoxo