Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Women who ENJOY labour & birth!!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm with Cailin - home waterbirth next time I just have so much confidence in my body from Elijah's birth that I really feel that I didn't need to be in hospital (got there at 9cms - pushed him out very soon after!).

Hopefully we'll be able to support each other at our waterbirths Cai!!

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks girls, you're so inspirational - I'm looking forward to this even more now! I must admit, I just laugh at the "horror stories" my friends try to tell me (in my head): most of those women go on to have another child after that "horror" so I figure it really is just a story.

I want to cry at all these posts and find myself nodding and smiling at so many comments.

I am SO glad I am a woman and have had the opportunity to do this birth thingo.......poor DH has no idea what he is missing out on.......

I agree with you all *sniff*

Kel just so long as I don't go out to the gutter! Hahahaha

PMSL

You can explain

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hey I am sure it's someone's fantasy to give birth in a claw-foot bath on the corner of an intersection?! I would seriously worry about you though Cai if you did!!!!

I thought you had to be pregnant to have strange birth dreams ROFL!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

PMSL You had the strange dreams for me

Kelly dreamt I gave birth in the gutter hehehehehe when I was pg...

Well who knows maybe I'll be in a mansion by the time I'm pg with the next one and I may have a nice antique claw bath But I'll pass on the intersection though LOL!

*mwa*
    Cailin

Can I join this group too? I had the most amazing time during labour and giving birth to my daughter. Since she was my first I was pretty anxious about the what ifs? What if I can't take the pain? what if i don't know what to do? etc. I really like dthe idea of going to the birthing centre, but was afraid of having no medical back up if I needed it.

I ended up being induced. I had my waters ruptured, and a drip put in. I was scared but excited too. When the contractions started to get stronger, I felt like I couldn't cope. DP was fantastic through this and made me concentrate and breathe at the same time as him. I was amazed by how well it worked. I realised that I could do this. Going through transistion, I did panic again and began asking for something, but I stopped myself and concentrated again and I was ok. I then had the feeling that I had to push, and I couldn't stop it. The midwifes and DP were telling me to wait, so they could check that I was dialated but with each contraction, my body just pushed for me. It was the most amazing feeling. I didn;t need to push for long before the head crowned. The only disappointing thing in hindsight was that she had a shoulder dystocia, but I didn't know at the time, and I was able to still oush her out without intervention. The feeling of her finally coming out and being placed on my chest still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. I ended up with a 3rd degree tear, but found out that it could've been prevented if I was more active during labour and had been upright during the pushing stage. I know for next time, and I know that my body is able to do this and i will feel more confident and will be able to go to a birthing centre like I want.
    I have to remind myself to be patient, because I feel like I could do it all again straight away.
    I love telling people about my experience, especially as it is such a positive one, where I was only told the horror stories.

I have been so very moved by my own birth experience, that I am looking to follow in Kelly's footsteps and become a Birth Attendant and then hopefully a midwife.
    I totally agree with this Relle, as I would love to help others have the same amazing experience as my own.

All of these stories are so amazing and are making me clucky all over again

And thanks for the tip about the hot compress, Tracey, I will definately keep that in mind.

Hi,

I LOVE giving birth too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had 4 vaginal births and loved every one of them (well my first could have been better but the end result made me feel so awesome that it didnt matter).

Ive had one where i had a PPH and was really weak afterwards and it took a long time to recover but i still loved every minute of it.

Ive had another where i gave birth completely naturally, no gas, epidural, pethidine, not even oxygen, i just had her and i have to say that was the BEST. I also have to say that i had her with "no real pain" in contractions like has been mentioned by others. I didnt find it painful, it was intense but not painful and beleive me she came hard and fast and my last contraction was 9 minutes long with no break at all. I got up after having her and felt on top of the world. Its so natural for the body to do and so very acheivable without drugs. Something i never would have beleived. I never would have tried going totally natural by choice because i didnt think i could handle it but she had other ideas and im so glad she had me experience what i did.

Im very much looking forward to giving birth to baby # 5 in November

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Way to go Kristi!!!!! That is so fantastic that you have had 4 positive births!

The getting up straight away afterwards.......I haev done that twice now.....dripping blood and goo & midwives trying to help me, but I am RAGING to get in the shower and clean up and get me and my babe into our room and cosy......DH always teases me about it, but it is THE best feeling in the world.....like you have won a marathon and now it is time for a nice relax.......

Lucy - I totally agree! After having an epi with the first and been restrained to the bed I really wanted a shower and the midwives wouldn't let me up.

No Epi minimal drugs, and a shower straight away were my goals with No 2 and I did within about 15 mins! It was fantastic, the perfect way to cap off a great birth and feel clean and refreshed!

My support person was helping me with my shower while DH was tending to bubba! She is one of my best friends, and she has now REALLY seen me in all my glory "dripping blood and Goo" as you say Lucy ! PML!!!! She had an elective c/s with No 1 and will be with No 2 as well and she says that witnessing my birth was amazing for her, how positive and yet at the same time intense the labour was, but she still says there is no way she is going to push a baby out of her "twat" (as you say Tracey hehehehehe )

The other really really positive thing I found after giving birth (and there are others that may disagree) as I mentioned in another thread - I don't know what my Obs did when he was stitching me up 2nd time round , but DTD has got ssooooooooo much more enjoyable !!!!! (so much so that I had never had the big "o" till after his birth. Now if that is not a good enough reason to give birth I don't know what is - Oh and by the way I love my Obs for it!!!! hehehehehe)

What an amazing thread girls, thank you so much for your words and experiences, exactly what I needed to read right now!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Off now to listen to my hypnobirthing CDs - thanks!

Bel
    xxx

All the more reason, girls to pack some nice pamper shower stuff in your hospital bag...I am having a BodyShop at home party next Tuesday specifically to order a nice load of pamper smellies for my hospital stay.......think Mango Body Butter and some type of gorgeous shampoo and conditioner........I plan on being a gorgeous smelling silky skinned birthing goddess!!

Woo Hoo Go Lucy!!!!!

OOOh, I am so envious!!!!

Plus don't forget I have my manicure and pedicure and hair appts all booked in for a week before my EDD.........again, DH teases me about this and jokingly accuses me of "wanting to impress the Dr" but it is for no-ones benefit at all apart from MINE!

I just want to thank you all for this wonderfully inspiring thread.

I have 7 months to go if all goes according to plan until my big pushing day and whilst I'm really looking forward to being a mother and this new stage in my life, I've been wondering just how the heck a baby is meant to fit through the exit hole mother nature has provided. Reading your posts helps to remind me how wonderful our bodies really are and just how much we can achieve.

I'm still wondering how the heck it's going to happen....but I feel much more confident about it!

Hi girls - just wanted to bump this thread up to put some positive vibes out there for people looking for how wonderful giving birth can be!
    Last edited by DoulaRelle; October 17th, 2006 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Spelling - doh!

Thank You Ladies!!!!!What a beautiful thread. It has been so nice to read. Well done to all of you.

Of all the years I TTC my DS, I heard nothing but absolute horror stories. No wonders it took so long for me to concieve...

Its nice to see that on the other side of the coin, there really are some positive stories.

I understand that its not smooth sailing for everyone, but I have always wondered how many pple "talk up" their birth experiences (I'm talking about pple i know )

I do wish everyone could be guaranteed a beatiful birth, and not have their good intentions/ideals tainted by horror stories!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast