Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women who ENJOY labour & birth!!!!

Ladies, since I last posted in this thread, I have given birth again, for the 3rd time. Some of you may have read my birth story of our little Lexie. (If you want to read it, my birth story is HERE)

Again, I am proud, thankfull and delighted to say it was a WONDERFUL experience. It really was. I am only sad that it is DEFINATELY the last one for me. But I would give birth again in a heartbeat, I really would.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

And an amazing birth story it is Lucy!!!

I am finding it very very difficult to hold off on TTCing for a while now till I find out if I get into Uni or not and it is killing me!

I am desperate to get preggas and go through the whole experience again - Lucy I am so envious of you - the birth that is not the 3 littlies! LOL

*bump* to get some positive labour vibes out there!

Thanks Relle & Lucy I'm now doing it again... I dont think I can say i have totally finished yet either, I am SO looking forward to labour!!!!

Trace, I just read back through this thread and realised that 3 of us in this thread and wishing we could go again are all now preggo again and in the same month!

You, Shannon and Me!

WOO HOO< must be something to do with wishing on a star or something!!

Yay, it's so exciting!!!!

It's because I want to be able to live vicariously through you all!

Seriously lovelies, I get goosbumps when I read this thread, so I am glad Relle bumped it.......my 3 babes are driving me crackers this afternoon, but when I read this thread I remember just how beautiful they are and how much their births enabled me to fall head over heals in love with them.......

We are definately finished at 3.(As Shannon knows, DH has very recently undergone his little "procedure" LOL!) There is no way never I could cope with 4 babies.

BUT, as I read this thread I do feel sad to know I will never be giving birth again.......sniff. I think it is my only talent, LOL!

Shannon, Trace and Relle.........you all 3 of you have all my positive pregnancy and labour and birthing vibes......I know you will all be legends, and love every minute of it.............

Awwww Lucy that is lovely! I have actually been missing not chatting with you and seeing how you are going. That is a great idea about rereading this thread when we are a bit frazzled!

This is definately the last for me for a very long time - I can't possibly even begin to think of another after this!

Shannon - sweetie, as you know I am in a kind of similar place, and this thread has also helped me to refocus a little and actually really look forward to the birth and all of the feeling that will bring. Pre going home of course! LOL

Awww, Lucy/Shannon, your both my insprations!!! Your both awesome, wonderful & I loves ya lot's!

I am so hyped I want to fast forward to the birth!!!!

I looooved giving birth so much.... i cant wait to do it again

Hehehe, so glad I can post in this thread having now birthed Caty! That was always my secret plan
    Thinking about it positively beforehand helped HEAPS! And I stayed home as long as I could, in the shower then the bath. I tried to enjoy it! I very consciously relaxed my pelvic floor during the second stage and didn't feel the small tear (no stitches or drugs, yay!). I just told myself 'this is SO worth it'.
    Ah...don't know what else to write except I'm looking forward to the next one (whenever that is!).
    Last edited by chocolatecatty; January 27th, 2007 at 04:26 PM.

angel_eyes Guest

I also loved my labour with DS

I think I went into a zone once I got to hospital and just did what had to be done.

It was the most amazing feeling of my life and can't wait to do it again :-)

This time I'd rather a natural delivery though after a 31 hour labout last time and emerg c-section.

It's so wonderful to read all of your positive birth experiences. It has made me look forward so much more to the birth of my first child (in approx. 3 weeks time). I just can't wait to meet my little bub and reading about all your experiences has made me believe that my body will be able to do it and to keep calm and positive!

Thanks!!
    Jess

Me 26, DH 25

Bub #1 due 14th Feb (Valentine's Day!)

Yep - me too. I looked forward to my labour with Marieke. (With Elyse, I was afraid, and I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but as soon as it was done, I knew I could do it again.) I found labour to be a wonderfully exhilarating experience. It hurt, for sure, but it is the most awazing thing a woman can do, and I did it! Twice! And I hope to do it again some day soon. :biggrin:

melissa.r Guest

Birthing my two beautiful daughters (now age 3yrs and 15mths) were the most empowering experiences of my life. My mother was a doula in the eighties, so birth was a natural experience that was always talked about in our home with great admiration and beauty. These expectations were reached with both my births (first was induced and second was a spontaneous HB). I had hyperemesis in both my pregnancies so they were very difficult and far from textbook, but although I felt so unwell during this time, I was not afraid of birth or the birthing process. I knew that I could do it, without pain relief or interuption, and I did. For most women this can be a reality, medical intervention is there for those women who require it otherwise women need to trust that they can do it.

Melissa.R - so true what you said:
    'I knew that I could do it, without pain relief or interuption, and I did. For most women this can be a reality, medical intervention is there for those women who require it otherwise women need to trust that they can do it'
    That self confidence made it a lot easier than going into labour thinking 'I'd like to do this naturally...I wonder if I can'. Not that it's like that for every woman, but the knowledge I was created to birth sure helped me!

I don't know if i enjoy being labour, but i do love it when they hand you your baby, nothing can take the joy away,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123