Thread: Study: VBA2C (after 2 caesareans)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Study: VBA2C (after 2 caesareans)

I found this information and thought I would share:

"Vaginal Birth following 2 caesarean sections" V.K.Garg, E.N. Ekuma-Nkama. International journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (Jan.2005) 88, 53-54.

"205 women with 2 previous sections, delivered vaginally between 1997 & 2002 . 66 Vaginally (32.2%), 71 had elective C/S (34.6%), 68 had emergency C/S....Induction or augmentation of labour was not offered due to increased incidence of uterine rupture. . The complication rate was higher in the C/S group than in the VBAC2 group(19.5% v 7.4%) mean blood loss was higher in the C/S group than the vaginal group. There was no scar dehiscence or hysterectomy in either group. ......Thus, VBAC2 is reasonable and is sucessful with minimal complications if patient selection and labour management is judicious."

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thank you for keeping us up to date on the FACTS not the scare politics, a lot of Obs try to give us,

Kirsty77 Guest

Wow I didn't know that.Will have to tell my lil'sister as she has had 2 c/s's and was wondering whether or not to even bother asking if she could try for a VBAC.

Thanks for that Kelly, i was worried i would need another c-section with #3

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bump*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.