Thread: Abbie's Entrance-My worst yet!

Default Abbie's Entrance-My worst yet!

Well i woke up at 2am to go to the toilet on the 16th of may. I could not go back to sleep so i just layed there till about 4am when i felt like i could go back to sleep. I went back to the toilet and had a bit a blood on the paper. I started getting pains from then about 8 minutes apart. I tried to ingnore them cause i was tired and wanted to go back to sleep. About 6am i decided to get up out of bed. They were becoming more uncomfortable. I called the hospital about 7am and mycontractions were about 5min apart by then. They asked me if i wanted to come up to the hospital and i said yes. WE arrived at teh hospital abour 745am. They put me in an ob room and put amonitor on me. The midwife came and checked my and i was 5cm but she could strech me to about 8 or 9. I asked if they were going to break my waters but she said NO.

They then took me to the birth suite and put me on another monitor. The doctor then came in and said that they are going to break my waters as tehy think that she had done a poo. Oh my then i started to stress and think the worst. They broke my waters and yes she had done a poo. It was green which means that it had been there for a few days!!! Her heart rate kept going down with the contractions which were coming at 5 min 5 min then 2 min 2 min and so on. The doctor then came back and said that she is going to talk to the head doctor but she thinks we will have to do a c-section. She came back and teh head doctor wanted a blood test from the babies head to see how stressed she was to see how long we could wait. So legs up in stirups very painful doctors and midwifes everywere about 1o in the room. She tried to get a clean test off the babies head, to do so she had to let some of my waters out, when she did this the baby came right down and was crowning so three pushes later and abbie was born. Abbie arrived screaming andreally allert at 11:26am. Dh got to cut the cord and she was put straight up on me. She was covered in poo but It was such a relief and i thought that it was all over but i was wrong.

They delivered my placenta and they sent it away to be tested abbie had a temp which went away so she was fine. I had a shower and felt really dizzy. Went and sat on teh lounge and felt like i needed to do a wee. So i went to the loo and past two clots the size of my fist. My mum went and got the nurse and she put me back on teh bed. I felt horrible really dizzy and started to get heaps of pain again like i was in labour again. The doctor came back in and pushed on my tummy and about another 6 or 7 large clot came out. I was in soooooo much pain i was so hot i strippped off i had to have a cathata and pethadine. I was the worst experience of my entire life. I did not hold my baby again unitl abour 5 in the afternoon. She was the best baby though she new exactly who i was and would only settle when i was holding her.
    7 pound 7oz 17th May at 11:26am 54cm
    Sorry if i rambled but it feels great to get it all out.

Thanks for reading Nikki

Thanks for writing that up for us to read Nikki. Wow, what a dramatic entrance! I'm glad Abbie is ok. How are you feeling about it all now?

awww what a awful experience. but u got a gorgeous little baby girl out of it so congrats hun!!!

Oh wow, what an entrance. Thank God you didn't need a c-sec and the mec wasn't an issue in the end Weird that they mentioned a c-sec when you were obviously fully dilated and pushed her out within minutes??

That's gorgeous that she would only settle when with you.

Yeah i feel great now and am just so happy that she is a happy and healthy baby. I was only 5cm dialated when they started the procedure to take the blood from her head but when she let some of the waters out it must have just given her room to come right down. I feel very lucky and blessed and i think that someone was watch over me that day.

Nikki

Glad to hear everything was ok in the end Nikki congratulations on your litle girl!

Sounds like a full on experience.

Good to hear you are both ok.

CONGRATULATIONS

Well done

Congrats... Just getting around to reading every one from our BB groups stories... You did really well hun...

congrats on the grand entrance of you baby girl. hope you and baby are doing well.