Thread: Amelia Elizabeth's Fast arrival

Default Amelia Elizabeth's Fast arrival

At 3 days overdue with a baby that every medical professional told me was "giant", i was so glad to be going in to be induced!!

We got to hospital at 7.30am on 8th of March. The doctor came in at 9am and examined me and found that i was already dilated 2cm(looks like those annoying on/off pains i'd been having for weeks did actually do something!!)so they just broke my waters and sent us downstairs to have a coffee and walk around to try and get things going. I had some mild pains but nothing serious so when we got back to the ward at 10am the synto drip was put up.My contractions were 5 mins apart 10 mins after the drip started.I had the best labour ever, only 1hr 45min from the first contraction until she was born!!and she was posterior and i was only 3cm dilated 25 min before she was born!! i stood in the shower for most of the labour with just gas for the pain and got out about 25min before she was born and asked for pethidine, which the midwife gave me thinking that i was a while off giving birth but just 15mins later i could feel her making her way out, turns out i couldn't deal with the pain because i was in transition!!it took a few pushes to get the first half of her head out since she was posterior still but i then had a short break in contractions and she turned herself and then flew out in about 3 more pushes!! I got to cuddle her straight away and ben, my hubby, cut the cord. Then i got 1 stitch(on the scar where i had 2 stitches with Owen) and our parents came in with Owen to meet our beautiful little girl.

Amelia Elizabeth was born at 11.44am and was 9p6oz or 4.26kg. Her head circumference was 36.5 and she was 52.5cm long. All i could say was "she's so tiny!!" but the midwives assured me that she was a big baby!!I guess you forget how tiny they really are..

Because it was such a quick and efficient labour i just had so much energy left and felt great afterwards and still do..she is a fabulous sleeper and feeder(last night she fed at 8.30pm, then 12.40 then 6.20!!and slept the rest!!but feeds more often during the day every few hours) and is very calm.We couldn't be happier with our little princess.

Sweet... sounds like a great birth!!
    and DIDO... where can I sign up for one of those next time!!

CONGRATS!!

Congrats..wow wat a wonderful story..btw love the name!!!

Congratulations!

I reckon, where can i order a labour like that? lol

What a fantastic job you did Christie. Congratulations on the safe arrival of Amelia.

What a great birthday she has too

Christie that was a great read, thanks for that

What a great birth you had, next time can i order one as well please

gigi01 Guest

Well done Christie - what a great birth story - you give me hope with my second that I will have a shorter one like yours!!!

Congratulations on your little princess. sounds like she is doing really well.

Gigi

DUE ANZAC DAY!!

Christie you are my inspiration!!!! Any tips to having such a wonderful birth for a big baby?

YEY Christie! So excited for you and so pleased all went so well...and so fast!! Cant' wait to see Amelia grow, and see some photos of her and Owen together!!! xoxox

Tops birth story Christie. Congratulations on the birth of little Amelia

thanks for sharing, sounds like u had such a positive experience. beautiful name. enjoy ur good little girl.xoox

Can someone please place a bulk order for all of us? Thanks.

Sounds great, you did well! Congrats!

Jo
    x

Thanks Everyone..it really was a fantastic birth experience and Amelia has been a little princess ever since, just sleeping and feeding like a dream!!Life is great at pur place and we're thankful to be blessed with 2 wonderful babies..
    The funny thing is i was joking that i'd have her out by lunch time so i could fit in a full lunch..didn't think i actually would!!