Thread: Apparently I don't know my body!!!!!!!

Smile Apparently I don't know my body!!!!!!!

Baby August was our forth baby he was not planned but very much wanted and loved. Pregnancy was not too complicated although i was very uncomfortable at the end. I had it in my head that i would go into labour early. My last baby was 5 days early so i expected to go earlier then that, so when my due date came and went i was very dissapointed to say the least. I had my hospital appointment 4 days after my due date and this is where they book you into to be induced. I SO DID NOT WANT TO BE INDUCED but honestly I was so uncomfortable I was happy to be booked in. While i was in my appointment I asked if she could do a Stretch and Sweep to see if this would help. She said i was 2cm dialated. I asked if she thought i would go into labour but she told me she could not tell. I had no pain no feeling nothing after she did that so i though ARGHHHHH bring on Sunday (fathers day) as i was getting induced that day!!!!

We went home i was waiting and waiting for contractions to start but NOTHING!!! DH said to me that night oh i wish he would hurry up as he was starting work early all week and could not wait to be on holidays LOL!! Always about them hey !!!!! anyway I woke up early on tuesday morning opened my eyes and saw that the sun was just coming up i needed to go to the toilet but did not want to get up just yet lol so i closed my eyes hoping i could go back to sleep!!!!!!! I felt like i wet my pants so I jumped up out of bed and nothing else came out so i was like ummmmmmmm was it my waters or did i just wet my pants LOL!!! I went and did a wee and stood up and umm no it was defitnitly my waters so i grabbed a towel and came down the stairs to find DH sitting down stairs, he looked at me as if to say WHY are you out of bed so early So i looked down at the towel between my legs and he was like REALLY??? Um YES!!!!!
    So at 6am we called sil to come and get the kids, got the kids dressed and fed and called the hospital. Told us to come up but no hurry cause i was not contracting.

We arrived at the hospital at about 8am, put us in a room and put a monitor on me to see if i was contracting??? I could of told them that i wasn't!!!! The Dr came in a did an internal cause obviously they did not believe me that my waters had broken, so when he did it he was like " oh well it's obvious that your waters have broken"!!! Once again i could of told them that. So another dr came in and said they can either put a drip in or just wait and see, so it could take another 24 to 48 hours!! I have had a drip before so i said i just want the drip!!! Apparently they were really busy and could not give me a room at the birth suite so they sent me to the maternity ward to wait for a room.

Waiting waiting waiting, I went for laps around the ward hoping to get something going. There was a lady in the bed next to me who had had gel put on last night to induce her and nothing had happened poor thing. So around about 12:00 i was still walking and started getting some pains and heaps of back pain. They had already told me that bubs was NOT on my spine so i had no idea why i was getting all the back pain. 1pm came and i was contracting 5min apart with heaps of back pain as well!!! Contractions were coming hard and fast by 2pm i was in heaps of pain and they were about 3min apart so the midwife who was looking after me came in and put her hand on my stomach to feel the contractions, they stopped!!!!!!!! So it took about 10 min before another contraction came so by then another midwife was stnding there and told me that if they stopped they are not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This same midwife tells me that if i want this baby born in the next 48 hours that i need to get up and start walking. I told her that i know i don't need to walk and that i know my body. She shook her head at me and walked off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The midwife came and took the lady next to me to the birth suite to have the get put on again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SOOOO ANGRY AND UPSET I do not understand why they came and took someone who was not clearly in labour to the birth suite when I was having contractions!!! I burst into tears my mum was there and she was getting angry as well. It was visiting time so the room i shared with 3 other women soon filled with all or their visitors meanwhile i was still having heaps of contractions and started to feel like i was almost ready to start pushing. My mum went out and told them that i need a room for some privacy and that they need to do something!!! They told her that they can't do anything if there is no room!!!!!!!! But they would send someone in to check to see how far dialated i am!!!! When my mum came back i told her that i have to have this baby in the maternity ward i will scream sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo loud so the everyone can hear me
    A nice midwife came in and check me " Oh my you are 8cm we had better get you to the birth suite" NO S**T LOL i did not say that but i was thinking it!!!
    So at about 3:45 we walked to birth suite. All of a sudden there was a room available and a Dr waiting for me. I told her that i felt like i needed to push, so she checke me again!! No you are still only 8cm. But everytime i got a contraction my body was pushing this baby out. She kept saying no you can't push. So I told her that i can't help it i was pushing. OK OK she said next time you get a contraction i will push you cervix open!! Well i don't think she needed to so i pushed and pushed, his head came and and he kept trying to turn so with one last push they PULLED him out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jack Darren Peter was born at 4:17pm weighing 9p 4 oz!!!!!!! He had a knot in his cord and his face was all bruised cause he was so big his face was rubbing on my spine and this was the reason why my back was aching so bad!!!!!! I was very happy that i had had a drug free intervention free birth not even a drip!!!!!!!

FWIW the other lady who they took to the birth suite before me did not have her baby until 9pm that night!!!!!!!

We went home the next day and for that reason we get a midwife who come to our home to check on bubs!!! The midwife who came out was really really nice askng me about my other children and asked how long i BF them etc etc. It came up that I have a Thyroid disease and she said OH are you on medication for it?? Yes why?? Well baby needs to be checked for this i think!! So she was going to check and get back to me. She called later that afternoon saying YES he needs to come in on sunday for a blood test!!! Well i was so angry why did the Pead and dr's that discharged us only the day before pick this up. If this midwife was not really nice then we would never of known. If babies do not have enough thyroid function then it can cause brain retardation!!!!!!!! amongst other complications. So sunday we went in and it took the guy about 7 *****s of his heal to get the right amount of blood. And we were told that if his levels arent' right then we would need to come back and admitted until they get his levels right!!!! I was so upset!!! Luckly for us his levels were all good which was such a relief!!

I am so glad that i will not be having any more babies because if i was i don't think i would want to go back to this hospital!!!

Thanks for reading!!!!

Thanks for sharing the story of Jack's birth - congrats on doing so well! Sorry you had to put up with so many hiccups to get there. Glad his levels are all good too

wow! what a birth story! thanks for sharing!

thank goodness they 'miraculously' found you a birth suite...imagine giving the visitors that kinda surprise in the ward lol!

you did an amazing job and sounds like he came out quite fast in the end!

(love the ticker photo too...sooo cute!)

wow what a story.
    glad everything worked out and your lil man arrived safe and healthy.
    congratulations

Congratulations

Thanks for sharing your story, sorry the hospital didn't listen to you, but woohoo for drug & intervention free!

Thanks for sharing, I too have a thyroid condition, so I'll definately ask before we leave the hospy about it!

Jack is cute as!

Well done and Congratulations

Congrats on your new little man!!!

huge congrats huni. you did amazing and i hope your enjoying your babymoon and jack is beautiful xx

Congratulations hun, what a fabulous job you did

I'm glad the found you a birth suite, the it would have been an interesting experience for the other visitors in the room if they hadn't!!

Hope you are enjoying your babymoon and your little man is just gorgeous xxoo

Thanks so much for sharing your birth story!!!

Sounds like it was a bit of a shamozzle at the hosp - I'm not surprised you came home after a day!!!

Enjoy getting to know little Jack!

congratulations, what a fantastic birth story. Welcome to the world Jack.

o it took about 10 min before another contraction came so by then another midwife was stnding there and told me that if they stopped they are not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where do they get that rubbish from? I was having vague twinges all evening the day I had mine. They stopped at 10pm for over half an hour. If someone had told me what they told you when I rang the hospital, I would have had a homebirth, since I had the baby at midnight and the contractions didn't get really painful (or closer than 10 minutes) until maybe 11:45. Our hospital isn't as crowded as yours though!

And you wonder why there is so much intervention when people don't have births that 100% follow the way they 'should' go

Youd like to think that they would trust any women a bit more little lone a women having her FORTH baby for god sake.

Congrats on a drug free intervention free birth! You did a great job!