Thread: The arrival of Allegra Chiara

Default The arrival of Allegra Chiara

I thought it was about time to share with you our birth story and why my Feb bub became a Jan bub! Its a bit of a Canterbury tale, so bear with me!!

On Sunday 22nd January, DH John and I are sleeping in, enjoying our Sunday. We have a busy day ahead, lunch at the fish markets with in-laws and cousins from overseas and then dinner at the pub with the whole of John's extended family to celebrate his aunts birthday.

We do some cleaning around the house, I am literally hurling baskets of clothing from our spare room into the new built in and cleaning the house like a rabid mad woman. Have a quick shower (by this time we are running late for lunch) look in the mirror and cringe, hair is a mess, eyebrows need a wax.. thats ok I think to myself I am having the works done the following week in preparation for Allegra's scheduled 3rd Feb arrival by c/s. Quickly GHD my hair.. no use going out looking like a beggar.

Have a great lunch. Seafood platter, some wine mixed with mineral water, dessert. Stroll around the markets. Funny enough, not in any pain just suffering from the heat. DH suggests we go home for a swim before going to the pub.. sounds like a plan. Get home, bikini on (cringe at my massive tits hanging out the side) and cool off. Decide not to wet the hair as dont want the drama of washing it before going for dinner. Hang washing and decide to have a half our nap before shower.

So I am lying naked on the bed, DH beside me, car magazine in hand. Its hot, turn on the aircon. DH tells me its not that hot, its just me and that I should be getting into the shower as we are running late (again) for dinner. Another 5 minutes pleassssseeeeeeee.

"Pop" I hear and feel something very funny wayyyyy down low. I sit up. "did you hear that"... no aparently not. DH thinks I am making up noises in my head. I lie back down and feel a trickle of, well, liquid. I look at it and proclaim "I think my water just broke" (adding in my head, all over my Versace douvet 8-[ ) DH is in shock and grabs me a towel as I yell for him to get my phone to call the delivery suite.

You see. I am not prepared for this. Ive not been to any classes. Because I am having a caesar. This is not happening, I tell myself. Call the hospital, yes.. it sounds like you are officially in labour, come to the hospital and we will check it out.

DH dashes into the nursery, gets my bags as I take a shower (see I knew there was a reason why I shouldnt have wet my hair in the pool, clever intuition I have hey?). Now remeber this morning when I complained about looking feral? Well as I shower, I notice my hairy legs. Quick shave and wash. Out of the shower, dry the bod and pluck eyebrows.

DH goes into the shower as I finish packing my day clothes in my hospital bag.. I quickly heat up some hot wax and wax my underarms in the kitchen, yes I am a glutten for it obviously.

So we get into the car and drive the 15 minutes to the hospital, where I am attached to the monitors. Heart rate is a little slower than they would like but it soon goes back to normal. By this time I am having mild contractions and am in a little shock at the sudden change in what was my orginal birth plan!

My OB is in the USA skiing (naturally) so his replacement is called in for the caesarian. I am introduced to the Dr and have to explain the whole situation with my back problems to him and why I have to have a caesarian. The Anethetist comes in and I have to explain (again) the story to him. They scrub in as I am prepared for the caesar and I go in at 8.30pm with DH John and my mum in attendence.

Allegra Chiara was born at 9.10pm at North Shore Private Hospital weighing 2.25kg and a tiny 46cm in length.

I had a wonderful cuddle and cry as John and I stared at our glorious baby girl. Our precious one was here, early but totally perfect.

I was taken to recovery and Allegra taken and checked out by the paediatrician, I was wheeled back to my room after about 20 minutes where we were reunited again and I fed my darling one for the first time.

So thats the story behind Allegra's arrival. Nothing as planned but I wouldnt have it any other way.

Wow congratulations on your little bundle thanks for sharing your story you sounded as though you were so calm i can't see me waxing anything there is enough ouchie's to come with out me adding to them

Janie Guest

What a wonderful story - I'm particularly amused by the a) feral hair b) leg shaving c) eyebrow plucking and d) underarm waxing. Tell me - did it make a difference to your birth experience? Did little Allegra notice!

Congratulations! what a wonderful story, although totally unplanned sometimes its best that way! She is a gorgeous little girl

Still laughing about the 'massive tits'. I'm glad everything turned out well for you all, despite the surprise arrival.

Janie - I'm sure Allegra didnt notice but I felt so much better knowing that I was lying there on a gurney smooth and shaven/waxed and not looking like a brazillian forest!!!

Thanks for sharing your story \/ ROFL at your grooming antics.

Teena - fantastic story - I am still giggling at you shaving, waxing and plucking!! Nice work girl

So good to hear Allegra arrived safely!

Wonderful birth story Teena! She is so tiny, but absolutely gorgeous of course! I am the same as you re grooming, I have my waxing all booked in and if baby comes early will be whipping out the razor!! Same as you, it makes me feel better.

Teena- You crack me up ie. with all your grooming Although I must admit, I groom down there before every obs appointment just incase he does an internal. Haven't had any internals yet.

Thanks for sharing your birth story with us

What an exciting birth story! Thanks for sharing!

LOL Teena @ grooming yourself before going in!
    Congrats on the birth of Allegra (I LOVE her name!!)

Akeesha Guest

Well there's the proof right there that babies come when they are good and ready regardless of our best laid plans!

I have to say with the whole leg shaving/brow plucking etc I am with ya there. I was like that with my birth. Every day in the shower I made sure I was FULLY clean shaven and neat. My eyebrows were plucked and I washed my hair daily etc. I had this insatiable urge to be primped and perfect for baby/birth. I know she wasnt going to notice but it made me feel better.

Funny hey.

Anyway, congrats on the birth of Allegra. A job well done

Gotta love our little Feb girls that wanted out early! When you gotta groom, you gotta groom.