Thread: The arrival of Jay

mooshie Guest

Default The arrival of Jay

Since it took a long time to conceive jessica, when she turned 1 we thought it was time to try again - needless to say within the first month of trying i was amazed to find out we were expecting again.

my due date of 23rd april 2000 came and went, bubs had been engaged since i was 36wks preg but he was just way to comfy in there.

after i was 10 days overdue my ob was still happy not to induce, but sent me off for monitoring and ultrasounds every 2nd day.

i was excited on the morning of 5th may to find i had my show, being so overdue i was sure something would happen quite soon. I woke on the morning of 6th may at 4am to go to the loo and thought i had an upset tummy (in the back of my mind i was pretty positive tho that contractions should soon start) went back to bed and had a contraction at 4.30am then at 5am, my dh went to go to work at 5am and i told him that i had two contractions but they were still way apart and i would be in labour for most of the day (he was only working till midday) so i told him to go in, as i felt better on my own in early stages of labour. i rested in bed until around 7.00am when i thought i better ring my parents to come over and help look after jessica and that my contractions were 5mins apart, i then had a shower and rang midwives who were happy enough for me to stay home and just come in when i felt ready. i rang dh around 8am and told him to make his way home, my parents had already arrived and were looking after jess, mum was making me some breakfast and mentioned to me that the contractions were more like 2 to 3mins apart, dad was getting anxious saying dh should be home to take me to hospital, i told dad it was fine this would go on for hours.

finally at 9am we headed to the hospital, and i had quite a few strong contractions in the car but tried not to let my dh know cause i was scared he would drive fast and we would crash lol.

once at the hospital i ordered my lunch and dh asked for a radio (he thought he would listen to the footy whilst i was in labour) yeah right, the midwife who happened to be the same one who was a student at my first labour, was now a qualified midwife and brought in a cd player with relaxation tapes and also some aromatherapy oils - she had a joke with dh that footy was not allowed lol. anyway i decided to head for the shower and that is where i stayed until around 11.15am when i got out and got onto the bed with the beanbags, as i felt the urge to push. i was examined and they said they were going to call my ob as bubs was not far away - yeah right i thought thats what you said last time and i was pushing for nearly 3hrs. they offered me pain relief and got the gas out and i said no it made me sick last time so they said we will set it up just in case - but i didn't use it.

around 11.45am i felt a strong urge to push and the midwife was just about to examine me - when bang my waters had broken (i asked if it was the baby been born _ when they told me no it was just my waters i told them that i wanted to go home and i didn't want to do this anymore. they rang my ob who was caught in traffic and he instructed them to tell me to keep my legs crossed he would be there soon lol.

the midwife was all set to deliver my ds - and it was going to be her first delivery when my ob walked in. i was making so much noise as i was pushing and my ob told me to put all that vocalising into my body and use it with the contractions to help me push my baby - this was the best thing anyone could have told me because strangly enough when i did this it didn't seem to be has bad, anyway i delivered my ds's head but ob informed us that the cord was wrapped around his neck quite a few times and he would have to insert his hand to slip the cord over from his neck - this was ABSOLUTE AGONY - HIS HEAD WAS OUT AND OB WAS FIDDLING AROUND omg that was probably the worst pain i have ever felt, with the next contraction i pushed with all my might and our ds was born at 12.06pm, he was blue and had blood shot eyes but he still managed an apgar score of 9 then 10.

i had quite a few stitches as i had tearing inside as i was just so happy to have finally delivered our baby boy and i had managed to do it without any drugs - call me crazy lol.

he is know a georgeous 5 and 1/2 year old boy who has been our rock through the hard times in our life and we love him to bits. next year my baby boy starts school gosh how quickly the time goes.

Janie Guest

Beautiful story - thank you. Now where is Lani's story....

Thankyou for sharing Jay's story!

Thanks for sharing Michelle - & well done!! =D>

mooshie Guest

lol janie

i have found the link for lani's birth story

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/view...932&highlight=

they were all so different - lets hope i get the chance to do it all again

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh Michelle that was a wonderful birth story!

Janie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mooshie
    lol janie

i have found the link for lani's birth story

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/view...932&highlight=

they were all so different - lets hope i get the chance to do it all again
    Thanks Michelle - just read that one too. You are right, they are all really different! Wonder what the next one will be like?

Thanks for sharing your story and well done, Michelle.