Thread: The arrival of Logan Michael

Default The arrival of Logan Michael

I am not too good at this type of thing, but figured I would give it a go..
    On Friday the 2nd of December I had my show or lost my mucus plug. Everyone was freaking out, but unfortunately Logan had other plans and decided to keep everyone on their toes. I saw my doctor for my antenatal visit on Monday the 5th, DF came with me because I promised he'd get to hear the heartbeat. I mentioned the plug and DF anxiously asked if I'd go in to labour within the week. The doctor said that it'd probably be a couple of weeks and everything was fine. I went home, feeling a bit impatient and sat down to have some lunch. Then my waters broke at 1:30pm. I was home with MIL & BIL. I assumed it was just nothing and if I went to hospital that I would be sent home (I had gotten tired of everyone telling me to not worry, so I was trying not to worry about it). Fluid started gushing out so MIL called Step-FIL and he drove us to the hospital. I hadn't called DF because I still assumed it was nothing since there wasn't any contractions.

We all had to wait a bit since the hospital was busy and only one midwife was around, she was attending to something in the ED (emergency department). She turned up and took me to a room to have a look at me and monitor the contractions and see how the baby was doing. MIL called DF and then went and picked him up from work so he could be with me. A doctor I had been seeing at the start of the pregnancy, but had stopped seeing since I didn't feel comfortable with him, was on call so he attended to me, then after doing a vaginal examination and concluding that not a lot was going on, told the midwife to call him if he was needed.

I got really intense contractions at 4pm and was rushed to the birthing unit. I told the midwife I had intially wanted to go without pain relief but realised I couldn't do it and needed something. I was then given the gas and was smiling in no time. DF thought I looked stoned lol. After having really bad pains in my back I was told to roll over and get on all fours, leaning on a beanbag for support. I kept breathing in the gas during contractions and was managing to not make a lot of noise (although I apparently told the midwife all about my own premmie birth (14weeks early) which she said she found interesting :-o At 5:45pm, after feeling the need to push (at first I thought I needed to do a poo LOL) for about 10 minutes, but being told to wait since I was only 9cm dilated, they told me I could push if I wanted to. The midwife said that I had to listen to what she wanted me to do and do it. I managed to do everything asked of me and Logan was born at 6pm exactly. I turned to DF and said "Just in time for the Simpsons" since DF is obsessed with watching the Simpsons at 6pm every weeknight. The placenta came out at 6:08pm.

Logan Michael was 7lbs 3┬Żoz
    length 49.5cms

Both of us are doing well, apart from lack of sleep on my part, but I have been told I am coping well. He is so gorgeous sometimes I just stare at him when I should be catching up on sleep because I just can't get over how amazing he is.

Thank you for reading this if you got this far Sorry if it was all over the place, that's just me lately lol

OH MEL. Congratulations to you both you all!!! Thankyou so much for sharing your story!!

Love RACH
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Congrats Mel, so happy it all went well for you!! So excited to have such beautiful little December babies!!! Hope you're getting more sleep as the days go by!! oxoox

Congratulations again and thanks for sharing your story.

What a cutie!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

sherieb

Congratulations Melinda, I hope the sleep improves.
    Logan is gorgeous
    Bec

Well done Melinda!!! ROFL about the simpsons!!!

=D> Well Done Melinda!!! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son Logan!!!(love the name BTW thinking of using it ourselves!)

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Logan is so cute.

Janie Guest

Very cute baby and a lovely story - thanks for sharing.

:flower:

Thankyou for sharing this great birth story Melly!

Hope Logan is doing well

Great story Mel! Congratulations =D>