Thread: The arrival of our darling SAMUEL

Mandimoo Guest

Default The arrival of our darling SAMUEL

It all started 9 days past my due date at the anenatal appointment when the doctor decided to induce me that night.

7.00pm
    I arrived at the hospital with my bags and was taken to birth suite to recieve first lot of gels. Doctor did an internal and i was 1 cm dilated already, after the gels were inserted the doctor told me some of the side effects and i was taken to the maternity ward to wait and see what happens.
    10.30pm
    I started having cramps and went to the toilet and had diarreah, just put it down to the side effects of the gel, 5 mins later had the same thing happen, this stayed like this for about 1 hour before i realised my toilet pain was a contraction.
    12.15am
    I started to get the shakes and called the midwife who came in and then wheeled me to the birth suite to be examined to see if i was dialating, i was 3-4 cms and asked for an epidural ( thinking it would get alot worse and i was already in pain) The midwife said it was too early and to get in the shower and showed dh how to rub my back with oil. i sat on the chair backwards and lent on the back rest.
    3.40am
    I was still in the shower with mum and dh rubbing my back with the oil and i asked again for an epidural, the midwife said she would come in about 20 mins to examine me, she brang in the gas to try. i tried the gas, and after 2 contractions didnt feel it was working. i started to feel like i had to do a poo and knew that was a warning sign with the pushing stage so i asked dh to get the midwife, while he was gone i sat on the toilet tried to poo (nothing happened) and ended up throwing up all over the bathroom floor. =; That was the end of the gas for me. Mum ran the bath and i got in, and then started to get angry with how long the epidural was taking, ](*,) i was breathing through contractions and was in some sort of a trance when i was having one, then falling asleep when i wasnt. Started having the uncontrollable urge to push. DH ran out and told the midwife whose reply was told that it was way to early to push and she would be in to an internal.
    4.00am
    The midwife showed up and i told her i wanted the epidural, the midwife wanted to do an internal so i got up on the bed and she asked if she could break my waters, after this happened i was told i was already fully dialated ready to push and that i wouldnt be getting my epidural. So i started pushing 3 pushes per contraction on the bed with mum and dh holding my hands. I looked in the mirror when the head was crowning and thought that poor woman, then realised it was me. i pushed for an hour and the head was out, 2 little pushes later, 1 second degree tear and an umbilical cord around the neck and the shoulders were out.
    5.09am
    Our baby was passed up onto my belly and had some oxygen. He had alot of mucous in his body and was grunting so was taken to special care to throw it up, i had a shower, ate brekky, and dh and i went to the maternity ward and were reunited with our brand new little baby boy Samuel... O

Melinda Guest

Wow! That's amazing.........

Congratulations again!!! WELL DONE!!!

Thanks for sharing & Congratulations!!!

Thanks for sharing and congratz again!

Congratulations =D> and welcome baby Samuel!

OMG that was so amazing.

PMSL at that poor woman in the mirror-oh yeah that's me ooopppssss.xx

kirsty Guest

What a wonderful story, thanx for sharing it.

katanya Guest

So detailed LOL..great story and telling! You are a champion toget through without the epidural..WTH was the midwife saying too early for?? You can have whenever you want, perhaps she was trying to help you through :-k
    LOL at you thinking poor women of yourself..
    Champion effort!

What a fantastic story!!!
    Isn't it amazing how so many times the midwifes dont listen when you/we tell them we need to push!? Lucky she checked in time!

Congratulations again, and Well Done!! =D>

What a great birth story! Thanks for sharing it =D>

tigerlilly202 Guest

Congrats on your new bubba

Kirsty77 Guest

Congratulations Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done and you did it without the epidural.

You did a great job! Hope you are all well
    best wishes

amanda,

thanks so much for sharing your story.

LOL about 'that poor woman"!!!!

Melody Guest

Amanda you did so well! Congratulations! =D> =D>