Thread: Arrival Of Sebastian Dante

Talking Arrival Of Sebastian Dante

2 weeks prior to the birth i had been to the acupuncturist and doing reflexogy to help stimulate labour.

November 13th, while in bed i felt a little wet down there but thought nothing of it, the next morning i was still feeling wet down there so i decided to go into hospital for a check up.

They monitored me for contractions and i was getting some pretty good braxton hicks and they were also checking for a small leak of my waters.

Well no one could guarantee me if my waters were broken as it was such a small leak, so i was sent home to monitor it. Well the whole day and overnight i still had that small leak happening so i was told to go into Hospital.

Wednesday Morning of the 15th November, I was admitted. My Obs came and checked me over said that my leak was most likely due to a small breakage of my waters, so i gave him permission to go ahead and break my waters as i just could not take it no more!!

I also requested for the drip to be put up as i am a very impatient person and did not want to wait an hour for my first contraction.

As soon as the drip was put in, the contractions started immediately which took the midwife by surprise.

Bear in mind girls that i had a bunch of women at my birth, My Mother, Mother In Law, Sister In Law, Girlfriend, and Hubby!

With in 2 hours i was 3 cms dialated and coping quite well ! I was definately impressed with myself i thought wow this is great. I was talking and laughing! My best friend was the ball i loved it!!!!!!!! After about 3 hours i was in established labour and the drip was taken of me. The pain was getting to the point of unbearableness but i still kept my cool after all i couldn't say that my hubby was a jackass infront of my MIL.

Then something happened my intuition kicked in and felt that i was tensing up due to the pain (which is normal for me) and i knew that my body was ready to give birth but i just couldn't relax, so i asked for the epidural, they looked at me again and said that i was still 3 cm's dilated, so i said i want the epidural. This amazing Anesthesiest came and he was bloody fantastic and he gave this new epidural format which allows you to feel your contractions painlessly so you still have control.
    As i said i knew that iwas tensing up and therefore not dialating well i was right as soon as the epi went in with in 30 mins i was fully dilated and gave birth to Sebastian with 2 pushes!!

( even when i have a massage i tense up - weird)

I had no tearing and an amazing birth experience I LOVED IT IT WAS THE BEST BIRTH OUT OF ALL OF MY BIRTHS.

My obs was Fantastic with a great sense of humour ( had the whole family in stiches while i was pushing and Midwives were awesome!
    I had 2 assigned to me one was always with me, they were brilliant!

Sebastian was born on the 15 th November at 3.04pm weighing 6 Pound 6 ounzes with a head full of hair (hence the massive heartburn) Only 4 hour Labour!

He is a beautiful baby just eats and sleeps and poops. He has attached to the boob really well and i am loving it

congrats again ros!!! we have to catch up soon for some shopping

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Huge Huge congratulations hun on such a fantastic job of bringing the gorgeous little man into the world!

He is just adorable and you are amazing!

what a beautiful little boy you have there, what a wonderful birth experience you had, congratulations

Man, I can't believe you were so impatient for the drip!! Sounds like a pretty sweet epidural thing you had too....and no tearing! Wow!
    Congratulations on your favourite birth!

ps: oooh, and I LOVE the name! What's the story behind it?

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always loved the name Sebastian , I am Italian and wanted a name that reflects my italian background hence why i chose very old Italian names, Sebastian means majestic one, and Dante is a very ancient italian name.

Congrats of your lil boys arrival.

Sounds like u had a great birth. WooHoo to the no tearing.... some of us were lucky there then.... not me LOL

Ros I am glad you had such a great experience, thanks for sharing your story and congrats on the birth of your lovely boy!