Thread: Baylee Jack's Long Awaited Arrival

Default Baylee Jack's Long Awaited Arrival

On Mon 30th Oct I had a doc app I was 39+3 weeks and he asked me how I was feeling, I told him I was completely fed up with being pg and couldnt wait to meet my little one. I was completely fed up as my first son was born 2 weeks early and I had emotionally made myself ready for another early bird.
    The doc 'looked' me over, and said that my cervix wasnt ready yet and booked me in for an induction on the following Thurs (9th Nov) if nothing happened before that.
    So off I went home, totally devistated, thinking I still had another 1 1/2 weeks to go.

So I got over it and arranged to go out for Melbourne Cup Day with my sisters and our families. Everyone had been trying to guess when the baby would come, the one day that everyone had said for him not to arrive was of course, Melbourne Cup Day, but he had other plans.:nana:

On Mon 6th Nov I woke up at about 6am with 'BH' contractions, between 10-15 mins apart, this continued all day, they became stronger when I moved around so I rested all day, but naughty me didnt eat or drink much.
    My DH, who works shift work, didnt want me to be at home alone with Xander so he dropped me off at my mothers and went off to work at around 5.30pm. At 6pm my contractions had started to come 5 mins apart and at 6.30pm I rang the hospital and my DH and we went in.

When I got to the hospital the midwives checked me over and found that I was seriously dehydrated and I had keytones in my urine, they admitted me and put me on IV fluids.
    My contractions were 3-5 mins apart but not very intense and I was only 2 or 3 cm dialated, by 11pm I was very tired so I had a pethedine shot to take the edge off and so I could rest a bit. Well it worked a little too well and my contractions started to dwindle, I didnt realise though, I was enjoying the rest.

At around 4am the midwife took me through to the labour ward and told me to walk around as that made my contractions increase, so I continued to walk then rest until 10am when my doc came and broke my waters and I was put on syntocin. That was when I knew I was alive, my contractions came on hard and fast that I begged for another pethedine shot.

At 11.50am I felt the need to poo, the midwife told me to do it, as I went to she told me to stop as she could see the head. I stopped pushing as my doc wasnt even there, he was next door with another patient who was further along than myself. One midwife rang the other room to tell him I was ready, meanwhile my next contraction was looming and really needed to push, so I did and out he came completely, it was like a waterslide. Then my doc appeared. The time was 11.58am, just before the big race. They put him on my stomach and that was when I realised I had another son and he was perfect.
    Because he came out so fast I needed stiches, but I was still quite 'high' on pethedine so I didnt even feel it. I could hear the midwives, my doc and my DH all talking to each other and to me but I couldnt answer them.

I found out later when I was a bit more coherent that he was a clone of his big brother at 4.170kg (9lb 3oz), head 36.5cm, length 53cm, lots of black hair and big blue eyes. Apgar score of 8,9 and really alert.

Jacquelyn Guest

Robyn

Congratulations and well done.

Blessings

Jacquelyn

Robyn, congratulations on the safe arrival of Baylee. Sounds like you did a great job too. Well done

Congratulations on the birth of Baylee! What a way to spend Melbourne Cup day!! I hope Xander enjoys being a big brother.
    Jenni

Cograts on the Arrival - you won't forget melbourne cup day!

thanks for sharing your story.
    well done & congratulations!