Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The birth of Alexander Prescott

Default The birth of Alexander Prescott

Alexander Edward Prescott's birth.

Everything started to go wrong on Friday 6th May. The day started out normal with me dropping Kimberley at day-care and then going food shopping. Went for my weekly hospital appt with my OB saw a student doctor and he asked all the normal questions then took my BP it was 138/90 then he went to feel for the baby and i was in pain. My OB then came in and did the same and also took my BP again this time it was 120/98 she was not to happy about that and said i had to stay in hospital for 4 hours to be checked every hour to see if my BP dropped and also to run tests. I did not think anything of it at the time by 5 p.m i thought everything was going fine and asked a midwife what she thought and if i would be going home and she said she did not think i would be. Finally got to see that doctor just before 10 p.m as she had been busy with babies being born. She said that i had protein in my urine and also a problem with my blood test and that i had to stay in. As i had the car with me and it was late she let me go home on the understanding that i was back at the hospital first thing. I had also been told i have pre-eclampsia again.
    So i went home and had a sleepless night. Packed my bag and went back to the hospital once Paul and Kimberley where awake.

Once back at the hospital i had to do a 24 hr urine test and rest in bed while they kept an eye on me. The doctors said that i might have to stay until after i had the baby on the 24th May. I thought no way and i staying here that long with a 2 year old to look after. They then said that they are thinking of bringing the elective c/section forward to nearly 38 wks. So that seemed a little better all the had to do was talk to the Professor and see what he said. All the test that they had then done where coming back okay other than one of the blood tests that was to do with my liver. Finally they made up their minds that they would do the c/section on Friday 13th May all i had to do was hold out until then.
    Tuesday i had high BP again it was 152/100 every time they took it but i felt fine and everything else was okay on a trace of protein in my urine.
    Early hours of Wednesday i started to get a headache and feel sick so when they doctor came to see me that morning i told him how i was and he went away. My friend Layla from BB phoned me to see how i was doing while on the phonethe doctor came back in to tell me that if i was no better in 2 hrs they would be doing the c/section that day. I told Layla that i better go and what was going on i could here her jumping up and down with excitement for me.
    That was just before 11 he told me that so i sat on my bed watching the clock tick away. An hour later he came back in and said they will be doing the c/section at 1.30 as i was getting no better and they did not want to wait until i got worse. I had high BP and plus 1 protein in my urine my bloods came back okay but they use a check list of all the things linked to pre-eclampsia and then go from how many things i had wrong. I guess they did not want to wait for me to get worse than i was already.

So one quick call to find out where Paul was working and how quick he could get to the hospital and i also called his cousin Natalie as she was coming in with me and Paul can not stand anything like that going on. Got hold of them both and told them they had an hour to get to the hospital.
    They started to get me ready for theater at that point. They both arrived just in time for me to be taken to theater once there Paul waiting in a room and Natalie came in to hold my hand. I had a spinal block done it did hurt when they where doing it but Natalie kept talking to me so that took my mind off the pain and the fact i was going to have the operation. Finally they started to cut me open it felt so much different this time and it did hurt it felt like someone was standing on my ribs and pulling. Finally one finally pull and Alexander was born at 2.38 p.m. Natalie took some pictures just after they pulled him out. He gave one very loud cry.
    I got to have a little cuddle and kiss before he was taken away as he was not sounding very good at all.
    It was not long and i was finally back in my room and Paul came to see me. Alexander had fluid on his lungs which was making it hard for him to breath. So they had him on 25% oxygen therapy to help him along. I had also been told on Monday that he might have something worng with his left kidney but when they did an x-ray everything was okay with that and all the problem was his lungs. Later that night he went down to 23% oxygen therapy and had to have a drip put in to help him while he was unable to feed.
    Thursday i went down for a cuddle and while out if the crib he was getting better so they took him off his oxygen therapy and started also to tube feed him. I did try and hand express for a few days but found it very sore so i stopped doing it and made up my mind to bottle feed him when he was allowed to feed and that way also i could tell how much he was feeding.
    I was up and out of bed by 9 am on Thursday they like to get you on your feet as soon as possible. I did not mind as i hated just being in bed and not being able to do much.
    Saturday afternoon Alexander was finally allowed to come to my room and be with me i was so happy that he was doing so well.
    Sunday morning i asked if we could go home and they said as long as the doctor says you both are okay then it is not a problem. Just glad we where both okay and they said we could go.

My BP is now doing okay and is back to normal i have to have iron tablets as my iron levels have got so low but other than that we are both doing great. Alexander has lost a little bit of weight since being born.
    Just glad to be home and not stuck in the hospital any longer.
    I have put some pictures on Alexanders website and will update it again soon with more.

Alexander Edward Prescott weighed 5lb 14oz. Length 46.5 cm head 35cm.

I'm so glad that little Alexander arrived safely in the end! Thanks for sharing his birth story with us, Michelle!

thanks for sharing Michelle. i am glad everything is ok now and you and alexander are doing well. well done matey.

love beckles

Default reply

Michelle, that's a beautiful birth story.

Thanks for sharing the story of Alexanders arrival. Glad to hear all went well

Love

Thanks for sharing your story Michelle. Congratualtions again!

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm so glad that all is well. I hope you are enjoying getting to know each other.

Thanks for sharing your birth story Michelle!! Well done!!

I am so glad that everything turned out well in the end. What a stressful time it must have been for you!

Congratulations again, and enjoy being home!!

Congratulations Michelle, and thanks for sharing your birth story with us.

Glad to hear all went well in the end. Wishing you a speedy recovery !

Welcome to the world Alexander

The photo's are brilliant, can't wait to see some more.

Take care Leah

Wow Michelle what a story, thanks for sharing. Seems that you had great care and they made the right decision for Alexander to be born when he was.

What a birth story! I hope you now have a very boring first year.

Melinda Guest

Wow Michelle! I wasn't around when all of this took place, so it was a big surprise to hear about Alexander's birth!!!

I'm glad that everything is now going well for you guys!!

Thanks for sharing your story with us Michelle

What an amazing story Michelle, glad you are both doing well now and congratulations again

Hey matey, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I am so glad you and Alexander are doing well.

You had me so worried when your BP was still high even weeks before Alexander was born.

*Megan* Guest

Michelle - I loved reading your story.....thanks for sharing it!

I am so glad that the 2 of you are OK now...your little boy is truly beautiful!

Megan

Thanks so much for sharing your birth story Michelle. I am so glad that Alexander and you are both well. The photos are great!

Michelle, thanks for sharing your story with us. Thankfully all ended up ok for you guy's. Well done he's a real cutey.

Take care
    Trish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast