Thread: the birth of chloe ann

Default the birth of chloe ann

hey girls iv been reading all of your birth stories so i thought i tell you mine about my daughter

chloe ann was born on the 9 april 2004

it started about 5am on wednesday 7th of april 2004
    i woke up from a deep sleep with these very bad pains in my belly like i had to go to the toilet to move my bowls but nothing happened so i went back to bed but every 30 min to 40min i would get these pain being my first baby i didnt know what the pains mean so i put up with them for about an hour and a half by 630am i couldnt handle them anymore so i woke up my husband and he got all excited he told me to call the hospital to see if i was in labour so i did they said i was in very early labour and not to come in til my contractions where 2 to 3 min apart
    i got of the phone and rang my mum to let her know that it was starting
    by this time it was 8am and all i wanted to do was sleep but icouldnt so started to clean up the house and make sure i had everything ready for the hospital

by 12pm my contractions were only 20min apart and hurting more
    so i thought ill ring everyone and let them know what was happening
    for most of the day i lent on the couch breathing though my contrations to i couldnt take it any more they had started to come closer together and more pain full so about 6pm i headed to the hospital thinking my baby will be born soon

after monatering me for a half an hour they said to go home as my contractions have gotton further apart they gave my a couple of pain releaver and told me to go home and get some sleep as i had a appointment tomorrow i got home and took the tablet and went to bed i got about 10 hrs sleep i was woking by pain it felt the same as yesterday so i just stayed in bed till i had to leave for my appointment i got to the hospital about 10am for my check up and the doc orded an induction for monday as that weekend was easter so i went home i had to spend a nother day in pain and i hate pain

it was about 8pm and i had the urge to go to the toilet even though i didnt need to go i went anyway and i felt blob fall out of me i look in the bowl and there was bloby thing in there so i call my husband to show him an he ran out the back an though up i rang my mum and told her and she told me it was my plug and that i am in proper labour now so iwas felling sleepy and i went to bed

about 245am on the 9 of april [good friday]
    i was woken with pain i couldnt belive so me and my husband counted the min between each contraction by 415am they were 2 to 3 min apart and 30 to 60 sec long so we rang the hospital and they said comin i got to hospital and started to throw up from the car to the emergancy room
    were they put my in a wheel chair and took me up the the birthing room

my mum and dad joined as in the birthing room we were all thinking any min now and my daughter wil be here they gave me an ultrasound to check on baby but they couldnt find her head bit her bodie was were it was meant to be the doc gave me an interal and to his surprise i was only 2cm dilated

7am came and i had anther internal only to find i dilate on 1 cm since 445am so it was a long day they started to get me pain killers as i was so tried and i couldnt handle the pain

1030am another internal only 4cm dilated more drugs to settle me down as i was getting up set how long its been i pretty much just went along with everything i had really bad back pain aswell which didnt help

1pm the midwifes broke my waters and gave me a internal only 6cm dilated so they decided to give me a epi whiched i love cos i could rest

3pm a nother internal 7cm dilated so they decided to give me some fued that will get my contractions moving i couldnt feel anything but boy i glad i didnt by the way the monotor was goin the pain would of killeed me

8pm full dilated

805pm i started to push i pushed i pushed i pushed but after an hour there was no baby
    next min the room filled up with 20 people and they started to panic my doc came running in and stuffed both hand up there i asked wat is wrong and he said the baby has turned her head and cant come out but in among the rush some accadently pull out the epi and i could feel everything the doc was doing up there now i can even inmaging how he got both arms up there but it f#*@%$n killed then he stuck the vac on my daughters head and tryed to pull her out the next thing i see blood splating all over the doc i cryed coz i thought he pulled my daughters hear off as nothing was on the end of the vac

they pushed me around to get me on a bed as i was getting taken to emergacy i past my family in the hall and waved they got me into the roon only to find they would have to nock me out as i could feel them touching my belly after putting mu epi back in

that was the last thing i could remember next thing i knew i was waken up it really felt like i was having a dream and then this lady came up to me and said you had a baby girl at 10 52pm i looked at the clock and it said 12 12am i started to try and get my self awake proply so they would take me back to my room an they did i was comin up to my room when i sore my husband holding something and he was crying it was my daughter then i started to cry i held her for 10 min the nurses took her so i could finally get some sleep

the next day i woke up to the sound of chloe crying so i started to cry she was right next to me she was screaming but i didnt know wat to do i waited for some one to give her to cos i didnt know if i could pick her up
    i finally feed her for the first time and she was happy then everyone came in to see her

i stayed in hospial for 5 days and i had a case of baby blues while in hospital

now chloe is turning 2 in april and she'll have a brother or sister two months after that i just hope this labour is easy and faster then chloes

wow, sounds like a bit of a rough trot for you, Glad to hear Chloe was healthy and bet she can't wait to be a big sister!

hey nickers

yeah tell me about it but silly thing is i would do it all again no matter how much pain there is and yeah chloe cant wait she keeps try to pick up my belly so she can take the baby for a walk shes always hugin and kissin my belly

thanks for sharing. Does sound like a bit of an ordeal!! Hopefully second time around is a bit easier! xo

Thanks for sharing Baiza!