Thread: The Birth of Hannah Lauren

Default The Birth of Hannah Lauren

Well I have finally a few spare minutes to write, I never realised how much time would be spent looking after a baby!!

A scan at 38 weeks found Hannah was still breech so we were booked in for a c/section on the 17th. We rocked up at the hospital at 7:30am in the morning and were 2nd on the list so were expecting to be having bub at around 10-11am, unfortunately just as the first c/section was about to have her epidural an emergency came in and the poor first lady was "bumped". Luckily both the bub and the lady who came in were fine.

Our turn finally came and the people were excellent, every one was great, the anaethatist came and explained what would happen and the midwife who was looking after me came in to explain about the process. I went in to the operating room and thats when things got scary, it was quite intimidating with so many people. The operation part hurt more than I thought and half way through they had to stop while the epidural was topped up, I couldnt feel pain as such but the pushing around was hurting and I was starting to squirm a bit. Anyway very quickly bub was there and DH got first cuddle and she is gorgeous. The midwives were taking her for a walk around the delivery suite while I was laying in the recovery room showing her off - yes I am totally biased!!!!

After a bit of a rocky start with the NZ system and finding a midwife I am really impressed. The care we received in hospital and afterwards with the daily post natal visits since we came home have been brilliant. For our first 4 days at home we had daily visits from the midwife which is just the best form of support for someone like me who really didnt/doesnt know much about babies!! Now we are down to weekly visits, after another couple of weeks it switches over to Plunket which are the childcare people over here.

Im going to try and attach a photo so you can see how gorgeous our little daughter is!

Congratulations Mimo

Congratz mimo. Welcome to our world Hannah!

Congratulations Mimo and Dh on the birth of your little baby girl Hannah.

Take Care

Deeanne

Melinda Guest

Congratulations and welcome to the world Hannah!!!

Welcome to the world Hannah. Congratulations Mimo.

Love

Congrats to you both and welcome to your darling hannah
    Best wishes Michelle

Congratulations Mimo on the arrival of Hannah! Glad to hear you are both well.

Congratulations Mimo! glad to hear you had a good birth =D>

Bon

Congrats Michelle and DH!

Welcome to the world Hannah!!

Thanks for sharing your birth story with us and I am glad that everything went well for you.

Congrats Mimo - I'm glad NZ worked out OK for the birth. Enjoy the plunket experience - I hope you enjoy filling out all the pages of your plunket book! My mum did ours, and they are still a real laugh to pull out and read.
    Well done to you guys.
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Congratulations Mimo and thanks for sharing your story.
    Also, love the name - Hannah Lauren.
    I have a sister named Lauren then the next one was Hanna so I am very biased

CONGRATULATIONS Mimo =D> , and Welcome to the world little Hannah Lauren!!!!!!!!
    And thankyou for sharing your birth story with us, I'm glad you had such a good experience!

Congratulations Mimo and sending a warm welcome to Hannah Lauren (BTW a beautiful name!). Sounds like you had quite a good birthing experience - which is especially encouraging for those of us yet to go through it, so thanks again!

Keen

Pietta Guest

Congrats Mimo- what a beautiful name too!!

Congratulations MiMo and welcome to Hannah!

Conratulations Mima on the birth of Hannah. I am glad you had a nice experience.

Kind Regards
    Katie