Thread: The birth of Harrison Murray

Default The birth of Harrison Murray

The birth of Harrison Murray.

On the Saturday night, I was so over being pregnant. After suffering so badly from SPD, I was ready to try almost anything to have my baby.
    Everyone was telling us to DTD to bring the baby on... there had been a few times that we'd tried, to no avail.
    I decided that we would try one last time... this time however, I didn't shower straight after... I fell asleep.

I woke up at 7am with a pain in my back... not really anything out of the ordinary, it was more of a regular occurance... but it set me off into a bad mood. I decided to not deal with the bad mood, and I went back to sleep.

I woke again at 8:30am, and this time, I got a fairly intense BH contraction.
    Only after I got a few more did I briefly consider that perhaps this was the real thing... Sure, it was intense, but was it more intense than the ones I'd been having over the last few weeks? I was so unsure... so I decided to take a shower.
    Whilst I was in there, I got DH to call the hospital and ask their opinion... all the while DS was timing my BH. Yep, they were definitely regular, coming every 3 mins and lasting for around 30 sec.

The hospital told DH to bring me in... to them, it sounded like labour... to me, I wasn't sure it was the real thing... so they said they would like to check me out.

After much umming and ahhing, I started to get things together... I really didn't want to get to the hospital only to have them turn me away because it wasn't the real thing.
    I told DH that we would go to my sisters house, and if the contractions got worse, I would then go to the hospital.

On our way down, the contractions were still regular, and still annoying.
    We were about 5 mins away from the turn off to my sisters or the hospital. I got a very strong feeling in my bottom... I definitely remembered that feeling from having James and Madeleine... I told DH that I thought it best to go straight to the hospital... Now, I was beginning to think I might actually be in real labour.

We got to the hospital, and DH found a parking spot quite close to the entrance... we started to make our way to maternity.
    When I arrived, they had been waiting for me... The midwife that would be looking after me told me her name was Deb.
    Deb asked me if I would like to go into the observation room or into the labour ward... I told her the labour ward... though, I was still convinced it was all still a false alarm.

I hopped up onto the bed, and Deb checked me over. Yep, I was in labour and I was 6cms dialated. I told Deb about my clitoral piercing... and that the jewellery would need to be removed... so there was some time spent trying to find the right tool to remove the jewellery... if it wasn't removed, there was a very good chance that I would tear where the piercing was... ouchy!!! The tool was found, and DH removed the jewellery for me.
    Being on the bed seemed to set me off into the most intense contraction pains... so I asked to get up and go for a shower.

I was in the shower for what felt like 5 mins, when I was asked if they could rupture my membranes to bring the baby on quicker. I bluntly refused and told them I didn't want the membranes ruptured at all.

I was told to hop up onto the bed for observation... The monitor was strapped to me and my babys heart rate had dropped dramatically. It was dropping very dramatically with each and every contraction. I was really really scared for my baby. I was then told the best thing to do would be to rupture the membranes, so that the monitor could be attached to the babys scalp and hopefully the rupture would bring the baby on.
    The membranes were ruptured when I was 9cms dialated. I was disappointed, but realised that it was the best thing for my baby.

Deb left the room to call the Ob, and I called out to her that I felt I needed to push... I was also so mad at her for leaving me there!!!
    I started to push, but as soon as I did, the pushing feeling left me, and I no longer wanted to push.
    This happened so many times... I would get this overwhelming urge to push, and it would disappear as soon as I'd start, leaving me exhausted.

I decided to work with the pushing urge, and just keep pushing when the feeling disappeared. As exhausting as it was, I knew I was a step closer to meeting my Bubbalouie.

After around 6 pushes, my beautiful little man Harrison Murray entered the world at 2:29pm. He was born with the cord wrapped around his neck, and around his arm. He had a bruised little face from being pushed out so quickly, and his little nose was squashed, but he was absolutely gorgeous.

James and Madeleine were present for his birth... it was so beautiful to have my big babies there while my little man was being born.
    James too some beautiful photos during and after Harrison was born. They both loved watching their brother enter the world

what a beautiful story!

Thanks for sharing your story

he is a very cute bub. Congrats and thankyou for your story Lisa. How beautiful that your two other kids were there. I hope i can share my next babies birth with Eden.
    xoox

How cute, congratulations

What a fantastic story. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Congratulations once again

Wow Lisa - well done!! Thanks so much for sharing a wonderful birth story. Lucky (IRT your piercing) that you made it to the hospital on time!!!

Well done, Lisa. Thanks for sharing your story with us

Thanks for sharing your story Lisa. What a great job you did and how special to have James and Madeleine there too!