Thread: The birth of Lilli Eileen

Default The birth of Lilli Eileen

Well after a hectic pregnancy, and a long labour, im proud to announce the arrival of my precious little Lilli.

It all started on the Friday morning. I woke up at 5.30am and went to the loo were i discovered that i was bleeding. I was pretty scared as i had all ready had a show and this blood was more red and fresh. So i ring the hospital and they ask me to come up. I then have to ring my poor husband to drive back home from work, i think that was his shortest shift in history - a whole 5 mins!! We get to the hospital were they examine me and said it's just more of a show, but im 2cm dialted. Yea ha, i thought that this was going to be it. I went home, were i struggled all day & night with horrible back & pelvis pain. Her head was very low, which made it very difficult to walk. This pain continued on all day Saturday, so i decided to spend most of the day in the bath!!
    Then around 9pm i started having contractions. These contractions started @ 5 min apart and they were also painful. the contractions continued on like this till i finally had enough and went to the hospital @ 2.30am. i sat in the bath for most f the morning, hoping that it would all end soon. though by 7.30am i was only 4cm dialted and decided enough was enough and had a shot of morphine. this was great, i was so doppy sitting in the bath, and dozing of between contractions. then around 10.30 i new it was coming to an end. the midwive advised me to check my own cervix, where i could the baby's head (still in the sack). i hoped out of the bath just before 11am, then i begin to push. @ 11.08 my waters finally broke, and eww, because i was pushing at this stage they did actually burst, and it went everywhere. then a few contractions and pushes later, Lilli's head came through.Though she decided to be a little bugger and her left hand was up against her check, so i actually had to push her head and hand through at once - very painful. then at 11.29am Lilli was born. Because of how her hand was, she actually wrapped her cord around her neck, so once she was born she wasn't breathing. This was very scary!!! The midwive pushed the button twice, an emergency tatic they use, and then there were people everywhere working on Lilli. It honsetly seemed like forever before we finally heard her cry. After a good ten minutes i finally get to hold my little girl.

Now for some interesting but spooky facts. Lilli compared to big brother Ethan.

Lilli: 15/6/08
    Weight - 6lds 11oz
    Height - 48cm
    Head - 34cm
    Born - Sunday, 11.29am
    37.4 wks gestation

Ethan: 7/11/04
    Weight - 6lds 11oz
    Height - 48cm
    Head - 34cm
    Born - Sunday, 11.19am
    37wks gestation

I think my little princess wants to be like her big brother!!!

congratualtions on your early arrival.

congrats on ur baby girl!!

Congrats Rach on the early but safe arrival of Lilli. The birth stats are waaaaayyyyyy too similar lol.She sure is a cutie. Love the pic on your ticker

Congrats on the early arrival of Lilli , such a beautiful name.

WOW!! Those stats are pretty amazing

CONGRATULATIONS

How strange are the stats of her and her brother.

Well done

Congratulations on the safe arrival of little Lilli.

Welcome to the world little princess

Congrats on the birth of Lilli!

Congrats on the birth of Lilli Eileen.. Gorgeous name

those stats are very weird lol..