Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The birth of my 2nd Princess-Jasmine Emily

Default The birth of my 2nd Princess-Jasmine Emily

The birth of Jasmine Emily

Our little girl was due Sunday 21st October 2007. That day came..and went.

Our story begins on Wednesday 24th October. I called the hospital to see if I could be seen earlier then 41+3 weeks (the following Wednesday 31st Oct). The receptionist said she would cancel an appointment on Friday 26th to fit me in. I got off the phone relieved I was going to be seen and a possible induction booked!!

Wednesday night rolled around mum and dad were down from NSW to visit so we were chatting and watching TV. I kept getting pains but thought nothing of it. I had pains on and off for the last week and they never eventuated more then just that, a pain. I mentioned to Craig they were coming every 10 mins but were not the *right* pains to be contractions. By 11pm they were becoming more painful and between 7-10 minutes apart.

We decided to head to bed as it might just be show time!!

Once in bed they became more painful and I knew they were not going away. Craig started dosing up on extra strong coffee while I planted myself in front of the TV. They were coming 5 mins apart by 4am and called the hospital. They told me to come in and see how I was going. So we called Jess my good friend to let her know what the game plan was.

We arrived at the hospital at 6am, shown to a delivery room and waited..and waited and waited.7am a student midwife came in to have a chat and see where we were at and where to go from there. It was decided id be moved to an observation and monitoring room. I was hooked up to CTG and BP taken. The CTG was picking up heartbeat but was not registering any contractions. 9am a doctor came in to do an internal. It was bad news. I was only 1cm dilated and she said that was only because I had already had a baby and it gave me the head start. We were told to go home and rest, come back when the contractions were 3-4 mins apart. I was shattered and could not do anything but cry.

We arrived home at 10am I headed straight for bed. Tried to sleep but was getting no where. I was in pain and just wanted to know why my baby was not coming out still. Craig and I got up around 2pm and had some lunch, played with Chelsea and chatted to my parents. As the afternoon moved on the contractions stepped up a notch.

Dinner was ready at 6pm and I could hardly eat.id have a mouthful then need to walk around. I ended up in tears and demanding an epidural the pain was so bad. At 7pm we decided to call the hospital to let them know pain was to hard for me to handle and we were asked to come back in again. Called Jess again and she came over and off we went.

Got to Monash a bit before 9pm and I headed straight for the shower and immediately demanded drugs. I was given gas, it was heaven sent! Apparently I was getting high and was giggling complaining they needed to clean their showers!! A lot of the time I looked at Craig and very slowly asked WHY WONT THEY GIVE ME DRUGS?? But it appeared I only wanted them when I was having contractions and every other time I was fine and saying I do not want them.

Around 9.45-10pm there was a shift change and a new midwife came to check on me. I was making noises they made her think I was ready to push and she made me get out of the shower and lay on the bed while waiting for a doctor to come check on me. Each contraction was so painful and I wanted the pain to go away. The whole time I was pushing without even knowing if I was fully dilated or not.

11.30pm the Dr on duty came in to do a check as they were going to give me pethidine. He said I was dilated and could begin pushing as much as I wanted. I remember looking at the clock and it was 11.45pm and the Dr saying the head was ready to come out and waters ruptured spontaneously. I reached down and felt her head. That is when I knew my Princess would be born very soon. With each contraction poor Jess was nearly thrown off her seat cos id squeeze her hand so hard..i found strength I never knew I had.

One big push got her head out and Jess said OMG Kim you have another little Chelsea.

2 pushes later our princess entered the world at 12.06am on Friday 26th October 2007. I never imagined I could have a baby in 3 pushes!!

She was placed straight onto my chest and I felt so in love with her and so proud I managed the whole thing with only gas. I got a 1st degree tear that required 2 stitches.

Jasmine was placed in a humidi-crib for 8 hours due to not being able to maintain body temperature. She was also on 24 hour observation because there was meconium liquor.
    She is now thriving and we are one big happy family. Chelsea adores her baby sister. I can tell they will be the best of friends as they grow up together

Total labour time was 6 hours 14 mins.

1st stage: 5 hours 30 mins
    2nd stage: 36 mins
    3rd stage: 8 mins

Jasmines stats-
    DOB: Friday 26th October 2007
    Time: 12.06am
    Weight: 3535 grams (7lb 13oz)
    Length: 52 cm
    Head circumference: 34.5cm
    Apgars: 9 at 1 min, 9 at 5 mins
    Last edited by visitor1; February 5th, 2008 at 11:34 AM.

What an awesome story, well done Kim! You should be very proud of yourself for producing another beautiful baby girl! She was worth the wait.

well done kim, ive been waiting for your birth story!!

rallybbek Guest

Well done Kim. Your girls will be the best of friends.
    I am so happy everything went so well for you, Jasmine is beautiful.
    Bec

wow kim what an amazing birth story! Thanks for sharing it i loved reading it.

Congratulations Kim, what a great story!

Congratulations Kim, she is absolutley beautiful.

Well done Kim..i too was waiting to read ur birth story!

Way to go Kim! What a great story and getting through with gas when you wanted an epi!!!!

Kim great story!!! you sound really happy with the whole birth i'm so glad!!

I laughed when you said you mentioned they needed to clean their showers! lol.... it was the gas talking there! hehe

and well done, in 3 pushes too!!!!!!!!!

Claire Guest

Great birth story Kim!

Thats so beautiful Kim! You had me in tears! Well done on such a woderfull birth! xo

Congratulations Kim and thanks for sharing your birth story with us

That's an awesome story Kim! Congrats again and thanks for sharing.

Well done Kim!!! That's fantastic!

Well done Kim, sounds like you did a wonderful job. Congratulations again,can't wait to meet her.

congratulation !! thank you for sharing your daughters birth with us all xoxoxo

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

thanks for sharing your story Kim, i'm so impressed you are home so fast and typing out your story so fast, i hope that means you are feeling really well physically.

lovely birth story - how magic, that you got to feel Jasmine's head crowning, wow.
    made me laugh, your dh having lots of strong coffee - and then you have a quick labour anyway!

congrats hon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast