Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birth of Paige Elaine.

Default Birth of Paige Elaine.

I had my Obs check up on Friday 15th September and was told I was due and to consider an induction if nothing had progressed over the weekend. Things were getting way to stressful with my hubby still working so it seemed to make sense for us to have a date of some sort. I had to go back and see him Monday where he would do an internal. At this appointment my cervix was open and favourable and I was getting little niggles but nothing substantial. He asked me what I wanted to do and so I said “Lets get this baby out!”. My goodness did I **** myself when he said ‘Ok 7:30am at the hospital tomorrow morning.”

Holy crap, I was going to have my baby girl.

We woke quite early Tuesday morning, with neither my mum nor hubby having much sleep. We packed the car and headed off to the hospital. At this stage I was quiet calm and not too nervous. I felt like I was in some strange outer body experience, where I knew I was going to have a baby, but it still didn’t feel real.

The midwives took us to our birthing suite and we started doing all the paperwork and they popped me on the monitor to check how Paige was doing. Hubby was quite relaxed seeing the room was less clinical and more like a hotel. At this stage he didn’t realise that EVERYTHING happened on that bed. He was so relaxed and calm after he found that fact out. With his fear of hospitals the room relaxed him.

OK here is the story.
    8:15am – Internal confirmed I was 2cm dilated and ready to be induced.
    9:00am – Gel inserted. I waited the hour before being allowed to get off the bed.
    10:20am - Once I got up Mum and I took some final pregnancy photos and had a little chuckle at Hubby being so relaxed he was snoozing on the bed.
    At this stage I started to feel niggles in my lower back…but nothing a little rocking and stretching couldn’t alleviate…but after around an hour I was on the ball having to breath and moan a little through each one. They were lasting around 40 seconds to a minute long but no one was timing the contractions so we have no idea how far apart they were.

1:30pm – Another internal showed I was 4cm dialated and it was at this stage they broke my waters for me. OMG what a sensation…I just kept thinking that each contraction from now on in would bring me closer to Paige entering the world.

Within about 10 minutes I was having really strong contractions that were really hard to relax and breathe through. I was labouring really hard in my lower back and the pressure on my cervix was causing my once broken tail bone a lot of pain. I tried everything to get into a comfortable position but nothing worked…with all the pain in my lower back and the pressure I was constantly having to hold myself up off whatever it was I leaning, sitting on. I was so tired by this stage as well, that all I could think of was going to sleep. I just wanted to rest!!
    I decided it was time to pop in the shower. Hubby put on his boardies and came in with me. He was getting really distressed seeing me in so much pain. I was really feeling it hard now. The contractions were relentless and coming one on top of the other. It was at this point I said ‘I WANT AN EPIDURAL NOW PLEASE!” as no amount of hypnobirthing and relaxation was going to get me to the end.

An anaesthetist was found rather quickly…and the epidural went in after about 3 contractions. It was hard to stay still, as I kept having to hold myself up off the chair a little with my legs, cos the pain and pressure in my lower back was now unbearable. My legs were shaking uncontrollably.

WoOOoOOoOooT!!! The pain started to die off pretty much straight away….but the good thing was I could still feel the bottom pressure with each contraction.

I hopped into bed and thought YES I can now sleep!! I was really groggy and tried to keep up with the conversation.

It didn’t feel like I was lying there long when I got this overwhelming urge to push out the biggest poo ever. I looked at my friend and hubby and said ‘Serious, I really need to push now. I cant hold it in.”

The midwives were watching the monitor saying, it wasn’t time yet as my contractions weren’t showing to be close enough on the monitor. BUT…after me saying that I was going to start pushing cos I couldn’t hold it in…the midwives did an internal.
    Lo and behold there was Paige’s head and I was fully dilated and ready to push. Apparently my body was working more efficiently than what was showing on the monitors
    So after 40 minutes of pushing the midwives decided an episiotomy was needed as I just couldn’t get her to crown. In came my Obs to perform the epi and the delivery.

5 minutes later I pushed our beautiful little girl into the world!! I cannot explain the emotions and feelings to you, as I am sure you all know what I mean.

She was popped straight onto my chest and looked straight into my eyes.

Total Labour – 9 hours 7 minutes.

NOW – heres the special thing. My husband never left the room during my labour and delivery except for when my waters were broken. I kept giving him the option to leave, but he didn’t. When it came time to deliver, he swapped places with my mum and hopped on the bed with me. He cried tears of joy as well when she was placed on my chest. I am so thankful and happy that I got to experience that emotional moment with my darling husband.

what a great story!

That's so special and sweet of your DH. Glad it was such a positive experience for all of you.

Chrissy that bought tears to my eyes! Great to hear you had a good birthing experience.

Oh Chrissy....well done. I am crying........what a lovely story. Paige is STUNNING looking.....you must be so proud. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wow! thank you fro sharing your amazing story with us! Your little girl is adorable !

skorpy Guest

Wow your story brought back memories of my birth...The epidural is great isnt it when it works straight away like that after painful intense contractions like that with being Induced. I had the shakes bad too when Epidural was being performed. And the urge to push and told not too.Lucky for you though..2 gels and waters being broke didnt work for me lol.Had to have drip too.What was her weight at birth?

Your baby is so Cute,and Congratulations
    Last edited by skorpy; September 28th, 2006 at 01:25 AM.

Yay Chrissy!
    What a cute little baby Paige is.
    Well done!

Congrats Chrissy! What a lovely story. Paige is just gorgeous

What a great birth story Congratulations

Congratulations on the birth of Paige! Thankyou for sharing your story, it was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.
    Enjoy every moment with her as they grow up too fast!

Well done Chrissy!!! What a wonderful birth & such a special moment with your DH.

I so know what you mean saying you can't describe those feeling! It's just the most amazing thing EVER!

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow, Chrissy!! That is one hek of a birth story - possibly one of the best ones I have read!
    Well done mate! Thanks so much for sharing such a beautiful story with us

Chrissy, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story with us. How very sweet for your hubby to be up on the bed next to you when you gave birth.

Well done and Paige is gorgeous

well done chrissy, you should be so proud.

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh Chrissy I was fine until I read the end bit and now I'm bawling!! How totally beautiful!!

OMG! I could just cry.....that was beautiful

What a great story! congratulations on the birth of your precious girl Paige!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast