Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The birth of Ryan Seth 13th October 2007

Default The birth of Ryan Seth 13th October 2007

I had such a fantastic labour. Ryan was born at 38 weeks. I started having very mild contractions at 6:30pm while we were out for dinner. I didn't say anything to anyone because they were not painful at all. By about 10:30pm they started getting closer together and a bit more painful but still bearable. I rang the hospital and they said as long as I could speak through contractions and I wasn't in too much pain to stay home. So, I had a shower, walked around the house and at midnight climbed into bed thinking I should get some sleep. The minute I climbed into bed, "pop"....my waters broke. I actually heard a pop! My husband drove me to the hospital. Thank God we live only 7 minutes away. By the time we packed everything in the car and drove to the hospital, it was 12:30am. By now the contractions were more painful. When I got to the hospital two midwives were waiting for us and they took us to the delivery room. So beautiful. She checked how dilated I was, and I was already 10cms dilated!!!! I had the gas which was amazing and within 3 pushes Ryan was born at 1:15am. I was only at the hospital for 45 minutes. I couldn't have asked for a better labour, especially for a first time mother!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Francesca1977 View Post
    I had such a fantastic labour. Ryan was born at 38 weeks. I started having very mild contractions at 6:30pm while we were out for dinner. I didn't say anything to anyone because they were not painful at all. By about 10:30pm they started getting closer together and a bit more painful but still bearable. I rang the hospital and they said as long as I could speak through contractions and I wasn't in too much pain to stay home. So, I had a shower, walked around the house and at midnight climbed into bed thinking I should get some sleep. The minute I climbed into bed, "pop"....my waters broke. I actually heard a pop! My husband drove me to the hospital. Thank God we live only 7 minutes away. By the time we packed everything in the car and drove to the hospital, it was 12:30am. By now the contractions were more painful. When I got to the hospital two midwives were waiting for us and they took us to the delivery room. So beautiful. She checked how dilated I was, and I was already 10cms dilated!!!! I had the gas which was amazing and within 3 pushes Ryan was born at 1:15am. I was only at the hospital for 45 minutes. I couldn't have asked for a better labour, especially for a first time mother!!!!
    well done and congrats what a lovely birth story

Well done that is an excellent birth story. I know a few people who are going to be jelous
    Congratualations on you new baby!

Nikki

paradise lost Guest

Way to go!! I couldn't MOVE during transition! I can't believe you got to the hossie during that bit. Brilliant! Congratulations.

Bx

Congratulations. Glad to hear you had such a beautiful birth. Enjoy your baby.

~Belinda~ Guest

Fran, that's amazing! Congratulations on the birth of your little one!

Did you have raspberry leaf tea in your third trimester?

Congrats, what an awesome birth.

What a star you are! If I have even a half as good birth this time I'll be delighted. Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bindy~ View Post
    Fran, that's amazing! Congratulations on the birth of your little one!

Did you have raspberry leaf tea in your third trimester?
    Hi Bindy, I didn't have any raspberry leaf at all. I didn't do anything to induce the labour. I thought seeing as it was my first I would go over 40 weeks for sure.

~Belinda~ Guest

Wow Fran you are a wonder woman, so glad you had a great birth and such a short one! I want what you had, lol

Wow, I'm so jelous
    Congratulations on a wonderful birth experience, I hope I can say the same!

Thank you!

~Belinda~ Guest

Me too Adkins, is this your first?

Congratulations on your birth. A good one definitely would make it easier to head back for a #2.

I hope all your bubs keeps up it's good behavior and is an angel for mum.

Wow how fast was that!!
    well done and congratulations on the arrival of Ryan Seth!

Oh I am SO booking me in for a labour just like that! Congratulations and well done!

Thank you girls!!!!

Well done, I am green with envy! And he is such a beautiful boy too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast