Thread: Buzzie Welcomes Ash!!

Default Buzzie Welcomes Ash!!

Finally home with the little man who FINALLY decided to arrive!
    And what a day that was!Contractions started sunday 2am and were coming really quick and strong pretty much from the start. I managed to stay in bed till 4:30 and got up and told mum i think hes finally decided hes ready!lol and from then they just kept coming and coming, i was really surprised how strong they were, they were coming every 5 mins for hours and lasting 40-60 seconds already the first midwife i spoke to said yeh first baby ull be there for ages! but by 10:30am i rang and said im on my way in!
    Of course they kept coming harder and faster and most back to back but it was taking a long time i have was soooo exhausted and ready to die it was getting close to 21hours of active labour it wasnt up until the last hour or so i started any form of help, so i had the gas, which im still convienced wasnt turned on!lol
    but i was in the bath and everyone had thought my waters broke and i was screaming to start pushing, so of course i did but it was hurting like hell and my back was killing and he just wasnt coming, so eventually i got out the bath and they checked to see if my waters did break, funny they hadnt! but i have a VERY swollen cervix from pushing. so after not being allowed to push when ur body natrually makes u anyway.. they burst my waters, of course meconium and he heart rate was stressed, so i begged for epidural and was rushed straight to labour ward, hooked up to everything u can imagin they montiored his heart and were conserened, she said we'll wait to see if u can get to 10cm on ur own (at that point i was 8) and i said get stuffed, epidural me cos theres no way i would have the energry to push.
    Well ash heart beat was so stressed she said we need to c/section him now. There was alot of meconium too which was a consern.
    On the way to the theatre they had lost his heart beat so it was very go go go type stuff and after having a scan they found his beat, gave the bloody epidural at last! and telling them i could feel them cut he gassed me too, so i missed out on seeing him come out, but i woke to the beautiful screams of my baby boy at 11.59pm sunday night.
    He was just perfect and they cleaned me up and he never left my arms for the rest of the night

Asher Lachlan Craig - 8lbs 8oz Born 23rd December at 11.59pm

Congratulations Again Loz He is absolutely gorgeous I still think you are an absolute birthing legend I hope you are recovering well, and I can't wait to have more cuddles

well done Lauren!!! sounds like you did it tough but you made it, congrats hun!!1

WOW tough work there Loz but congratulations on beautiful Asher (lovely name BTW... that's always been our boy name if we ever have one)

Lauren, you were awesome from what I hear I'm really proud of you, you have done such a fantastic job to birth your wee boy. Congrats and enjoy!

Congrats again!! It sounds like a long hard road to finally meet him but he is here now

I hope you are recovering well.. I can't wait to see pics of your little man

Congratulations Lauren! Well done!

WOOO HOOOO!!!

Well done spunky!

Congradulation's Lauren sounds like you had a rough labour....Asher is perfect

Congratulations Lauren once again on the safe arrival of little Asher.
    Sounds like you did a great job hun