Thread: C/S birth of Eithan Kyle

Default C/S birth of Eithan Kyle

Birth Of Eithan Kyle

August16- Spent the day not really doing much, had a browse on bellybelly and spent time with DH and DD. Got DD ready to stay at mum and dads for the night as we had to be in at the hospital at 7am the next day. Went around at about 4pm and stayed for tea. Then we got DD settled for bed and went home. Well I cried most of the way home, I just felt so lost leaving her there knowing that I wouldnít be home for another week. Got home and triple checked my bags and made lists of things to grab in the morning and to check again. DH and I didnít get to bed until about midnight. Well I didnít sleep well, as I was anxious and nervous about the c/s the next day.

I woke at 4:45am and decided not to wait for the alarm to go off and went and had a nice long shower. I was showered and dressed by about 5:30am. DH had breaky while I was in the shower because he felt guilty for eating in front of me. Walked around the house and kept checking things until we decided to leave for the hospital at 6:20am. We got into town really early and were waiting in the waiting area at 6:45am, 15mins early. Admittance lady was really nice, we did all the admittance things and then she took me and DH up to the room I would be staying in and brought the midwife in who was going to be looking after us.

We got a double private room, single bed for me and a double bed for DH incase he wanted to stay while I was staying there, we also had a breastfeeding arm chair and 2 seater lounge and 1 normal chair. We also had a small fridge for our use.

I was then tagged, they barely fit on me due to swelling and they went over my details again. I was then put up on the bed where they connected me to the machine thing for a trace to be done. Baby kept kicking at the monitors on my belly and the whole time I felt really guilty knowing that within the hr he was going to be ripped out of my belly. Trace went well and then it was time for me to be shaved. According to the midwife, I wasnít hairy, so I guess that was good. In the meantime I had had angel cream put on the back of my hand and my back as I was extremely nervous of the needles. We then had to wait for the call to go up to the operating rooms. It felt like it took forever, but then all of a sudden the orderly came in to wheel me up in the bed. DH and the midwife were with me the whole time. I must admit going in a lift while lying on your back is a weird experience.

We got to the operating room and my details and tags were checked once again and I was wheeled of into the waiting room while DH and the midwife went off to get changed into their surgery wear. I had a warmed blanket put on me to keep me warm while the anaesthetistís assistant introduced herself and made some chitchat with me to help keep me calm while I waited for DH to come back. DH and midwife came back in and both of them held my hand and midwife explained what was going to happen and helped keep me calm. Then I was told they were ready for me. I was wheeled in and then asked to shuffle over onto the operating table/bed. It was so narrow I thought I was going to fall off. I was then told to sit on the side with my feet on a stool. They then put the drip in my hand, hardly felt a thing due to the angel cream. I was then told to cuddle a pillow and lean over to get ready for the spinal injection. I was extremely nervous at this stage as the idea of someone playing with my back completely freaks me out. I felt suffocated by all my hair covering my face. I held DHís hand and also another persons hand (they introduced themselves but it went in one ear and out the other). I squeezed his hand soooooo much. It kind of hurt but didnít at the same time, it just felt very wrong and weird, as I could feel the pressure of him trying to find the gap between the spinal discs. Finally he got it and I was layed down. I could feel it starting to work straight away as my feet felt fuzzy warm and then I felt like I was going to faint but didnít. So now I was laying down and the spinal was definantly working now. I couldnít move my legs, but they were moved so that a catheter could be put in. It was an awful feeling as I could feel them doing it but it felt numb at the same time. Then I was cloaked and the screen put up.

I was asked if I could feel anything. I could still feel my toes, but was told this was quite normal. I could then feel like what felt like being *****ed with a needle all across my bikini line. I was asked if it hurt, I said no but told them what it felt like. This feeling continued. Then the anaesthetist started to talk to m, getting me to look at him. I know that he was trying to distract me but I could still feel them cutting each layer of skin fat or whatever down there. Was uncomfortable but nothing that I couldnít put up with. The whole time I was holding DHís hand. Then it started to hurt and feel really uncomfortable. I could feel heaps of tugging. It hurt but at the same time didnít, I canít really explain it. Apparently they needed forceps to get his head out and then he got stuck. I was told that they had the head out and I heard a cry. I started to cry. I asked if it had hair and was told yes. Then there was some really bad tugging and I was asked if I wanted to look as they took him out, but told them no. He was then out I was asked if I wanted to hold him but couldnít think of anything worse at that stage. I know it sounds awful but I was finding the whole experience awful. I then remember looking over and seeing a purple screaming baby, and all I can remember is seeing his ball bag and penis. Yes it was a boy the scans were right. He was then checked and handed to DH who held him next to me while we cried. I couldnít believe that we finally had a baby. I was asked again if I wanted to hold him, but I just couldnít I was trying really hard to zone out from the fact that someone had their hands inside me and was tugging and pushing around. I found it really hard to put up with and was grimacing from the pain. I also felt really sick and vomited in bowl and then my mouth was suctioned as I couldnít sit up. Then I was finally being stitched up, the best part as it didnít hurt at all.

It was finished and I was slid back onto my bed and then taken to the recovery room. Then they put Eithan on my chest as I was ready to hold him then. It was the best feeling in the world. He was so warm and soft and stopped crying as soon as I held him. I was there for awhile while they did the ice checks and checked my wound. We were then all taken back up to my room where I was able to breastfeed. He took to it straight away. I got really itchy from the morphine and was given a needle to stop it. DH went and got our DD a few hrs later and brought her in. She was so excited and happy to finally see the little baby she had been waiting for. I was so happy to have my little family and wouldnít take anything back, however I donít think I will be going through this again.

Sorry if it was a long story but thatís about as brief as I can be.

Love

Thanks Helen for sharing your story.
    Prolly good for you to get it off your chest. I think i will be just as scared if i had to have a c/s.

Oh Helen, im sorry you had such a traumatic experience. I had an emergency c/s, and dont know which would be worse-scheduled or emergency. But im glad Eithan is ok, enjoy your lil prince

Helen *hugs* I "felt" most of my c/s and was in a heap of pain during the procedure even though they kept saying I wasn't. Its very traumatic and the most awful pain I've ever had.

Thanks for sharing your story with us Helen and congratulation on your beutiful boy!
    you poor thing being sick afterwards.

Thank you so much for sharing your story Helen. How great that you got to have him with you in recovery & the super duper room!

Lot's of recovery vibes to you!

Thanks for sharing your story helen.Sounds scary,though holding him in your arms in the end was worth it!! At least your story has prepared me some just in case!

Thanks for sharing your story Helen - I'm so sorry that it was so traumatic. Congratulations on your little Eithan

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I am well on my way to recovery now despite having a mild infection on my wound. Eithan had a few bruises from being born because he got stuck, all are gone now. He is still a little jaundice but is doing great. Now I am thinking it is 50/50 as to whether we will have another baby or not. It's amazing what time does, but I am still worried about why it hurt, maybe a question for my ob.

Christy-sorry to hear that you had so much pain from you c/s. Will you be having another one with this baby or vbac?
    Love

Oh Helen I could just give you the biggest hug babe.
    I was fortunate enough to be totally knocked out for my 3 c/s. I think I would have reacted the same as you.
    Thank you for sharing your story with us mate
    big hugs and kisses again
    xxmaz

Congratulations Helen, reading this brought tears to my eyes as I remembered my DD's birth (vividly!). So sorry you felt so much, but how lovely that you got to have your little one with you in recovery and bf so quickly. Wishing you and your family all the best.

Debbie Lee Guest

Helen - thanks for sharing your story. Sorry to hear that it wasn't such a great experience.
    I threw up during my caesar too. I think that was almost the worst bit for me because I was so worried that my vomitting would make them slip and cut something they shouldn't, iykwim? It was such a bizarre experience. I remember just feeling so "over it" once Gabby was out and I just kind of zoned out. It truly is bizarre and, tho I didn't necessarily feel pain, it was weird with all the tugging and pulling that was involved.

Helen - Thanks for sharing! I can't imagine how that would have felt you poor thing.

You're right, it's amazing what we forget after such a short time!

Wishing you all the best for your family!

sajemsha Guest

hi Helen

I know how you feel :eek: I've had 3 ceasers, all just as bad as each other, with my last one if they could of tied my tubes on the spot I would of done it. Thankfully I didn't as I'm pregnant again I'm happy I am, but I'm still dead scared of having another ceaser, I swore I wouldn't go through it again, I hope everything goes will with this one.....
    But hay, it's all worth it in the end and you will forget the pain...
    Good to hear all is going well, take care