Thread: Cara's Arrival!

Default Cara's Arrival!

My inducement began on the 31st of December after my Ob had advised that my amnio' fluid was quite low.
    At that time Bub was still happy enough and not in distress but if left for a few days more that this would change.
    So of course we were all in agreement and the time was set for 8 pm on the Friday.
    I surprised myself that I was feeling quite calm about it all and wasn't scared of what was to come, the labour, pain etc.
    We arrived and the Ob inserted the prostoglandin to start the labour and then left expecting to return during the morning for the delivery.
    But that wasn't to be, Cara had different ideas to all of us!
    Not long after the prostoglandin was administered she had a not so good response to it. The machine monitoring her h/beat suddenly dropped down by half, and then totally!
    As you can imagine this scared the hell out of us and we called out for the midwife.
    The Ob was called and he asked for the graph to be faxed to him so that he could make a decision on what to do next.
    A short time after he called and spoke to me saying that bub wasn't fairing to well in there and that it was best to deliver through Caeser' before she went into further distress.
    Everything moved along quite quickly, various ppl arrived to tell me what they would be doing and what to expect etc. which was very reassuring that there would be a good team in there keeping us informed.
    The Ob mentioned that when Bub is born she may be covered in Merconium so that we wouldn't be too alarmed.
    Alan my partner was taken into another room and returned in hospital garb - he looked quite professional, like he was a part of the oper' team!
    All of this time for some reason I was shaking from cold that nobody else could feel. My legs just wouldn't stay still.
    In the operating room the staff busied themselves with equipment and such, while the Anaethitist(tricky spelling-?-) stood behind me explaining step by step what he would be doing as he gave me the Epidural.
    The needle stung a little but when he inserted the small tube he must've hit a nerve because it made me stiffen very sharpely with pain!
    The screen was then placed below my bbs and the action began.
    The Anaethitist and Alan were gr8 just tring to distract my thoughts about what was happening on the other side by talking to me etc.
    But I wasn't listening instead focusing very deeply on any sensation at all of pain.
    Thankfully there wasn't any. At that moment I was thinking about those stories you hear every so often of ppl who are feeling the pain of the operation.
    Then the strange sensation of having my stomach pushed and tugged at as they worked to bring Cara into the world.
    Not long after the screen was lowered and for the 1st time I saw our daughter looking at us very alert and bright eyed and not the slightest hint of merconium!
    I will never forget that sight - I was completely overjoyed/awed, and loved her right away.
    So I didn't get the natural birth that I wanted but the main thing is that our little girl arrived healthy and well!

Melinda Guest

I'm so glad to hear that everything turned out well!! Congratulations and welcome little Cara!!!

That is a beautiful story Carol. Glad to hear that Cara arrived safe and well.

Love

Congratulations Carol and welcome to the world little Cara. Glad to hear that all turned out well. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care
    Trish

Oh hidonly thats wonderful that you both went so well! Congratulations!

Well Done Carol!!

Congratulations and Thank you for sharing your story!!

Welcome to the world Cara!!

Enjoy baby gazing!!

Pietta Guest

Welcome to the world little Cara- What a wonderful story in the end.

Congratulations Carol and welcome to the world Cara!!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks for sharing that amazing birth story with us, Carol. Congratulations, and a huge welcome to Cara!

Congrats Carol on the arrival of Cara! Beautiful name! Hope you are both doing well.

Congratulations Carol!! =D> What a beautiful story, thanks for sharing
    And welcome to the world sweet little Cara!!

Mum2boys- Cara was born only 1 hr and 10 mins from her EDD!

Congratulations Carol
    You did a wonderful job bringing little Cara into the world. =D>

Thank you Carol for sharing Cara's wonderful story.

Jess

Congrats Carol and welcome little Cara

I am so glad that everything turned out well

Well done Carol and welcome to Cara!

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow! What a great story, Carol!
    Welcome to the world little Cara!

Ms Lee Guest

Oh wow I just love reading birth stories. What a nerve wracking experience for you. Gosh I started to feel nervous myself when I read of her heartrate dropping...LOL.
    So glad it all turned out well though...

Congratulations on your new little girl!