Thread: Coco Arabella's speedy arrival

Default Coco Arabella's speedy arrival

My waters broke on thursday morning, the 1st Dec and it was just a small gushing every few minutes (this lasted until she was born). I had no contractions so we went to the hospital and they sent me home saying I may go into labour within 48 hours.
    I went home and had pineapple, RLT and anything I could think of to bring on labour!! By 2.30pm I had very mild irregular pains like a really bearable period pain. I went to get DD from school, we put up the christmas tree etc. I took her to my mums at 5pm as I was preparing for labour and I got home at about 5.45pm. At 7pm I had a huge gush and felt the baby drop and had the most intense pain EVER. ( I don't recall any of this pain from birth one). Anyway, the contractions did not stop, they were every couple of minutes. We rang the midwife who basically said come in now. I also suspected I was in transition, so I put on my TENS machine and we went. i had a few contractions in the car, Not good!! Wondered what other drivers were thinking of us!!
    We got to the hospital at about 7.30pm and my lovely midwife set everything up. I had a mattress on the floor and a yoga ball. I was ready to go when ever the midwife said, so it was up to me to just start pushing. I didn't really have a strong urge, but once I started Coco arrived in just 8 minutes. Awful pain, but at the same time, i breathed through it and just told myself it would all be over and I wouldn't have that pain forever!!! (pep talk to myself,)!! She came out and they gave her to me and I just held her for about 20 minutes. Then DH took her and I got stitched up. The midwife said I only needed stitches because I'd had them with no 1. I didn't feel anything and have not had a moment of pain "down there" since. So don't dread stitches. (well a couple of stitches anyway, I prob got about 3).
    Coco was born at 8.54pm and I think I fed her at around 10pm. She is soo sooo beautiful and DH and I were just in absolute shock. She was a week early and even though I wanted that , I think it was a shock.
    Tilly is loving being big sister, but I think Im a bit keen coming home after 2 days in hospital and having her here!! She's going back to mums tomorrow night!!
    Coco weighed 3.33kilos and was 53cm long. Head circ 34cm. I will put some photos on in the next few days.
    We are just so happy and I can't believe how gorgeous she is. im in absolute awe. She's just divine. im also feeling very anxious and will prob have to post somewhere for some advice and hopefully reassurance!! xoxoxo

Congratulations again and thanks for sharing your story!

Congrats Meg....hope my labour goes as smoothly (although I would prefer the time for an epi! *L*). Your new little bundle is just gorgeous!

Looking forward to joining you in the Baby Buddies December 2005 thread soon!

Congratulations on the birth of your precious baby girl.

I hope you enjoy your christmas together as a bigger family.

Love

Melinda Guest

Wow, how speedy was that!!! She certainly made her mind up that she was coming early - ready or not LOL!!!

Well done Meg!

mooshie Guest

Congratulations and what a quick labour.

btw i love the name Coco can't wait to see some pics.

Thanks for sharing your story She is gorgeous BTW

Way to go Meg
    =D> =D> =D>

Way to go Meg, she's just gorgeous.

Well done Meg and welcome Coco!

Well done Meg, she is gorgeous!! Congratulations!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Meg how wonderfull,
    what a speedy labour, its good to hear Coco arrived safe and well, she is absolutely beautiful. I hope you are feeling well to don't forget to look after yourself too.

congratulations again and merry christmas

YEAH Meg

THank you for all your kind wishes. I just love Belly Belly and all the lovely people here! oxoxoxoox

Thanks for sharing your lovely story

What a wondeful birth story, Meg, thank you for sharing with us.

Janie Guest

Thank you for sharing your story - I love the pictures (particularly holding close in the hug-a-bub).

Congratulations on your beautiful arrival.