Thread: Cooper Joel's arrival story

Default Cooper Joel's arrival story

Ok here it is

Well as you all know who were in due in thread i had already had all the lead up stuff the few days before, of course when things started i didnt sleep, so from 3am i had pains 10mins apart, then from 5am they were coming 5mins apart, so i felt it was progressing pretty quickly, they were getting pretty intense, so we left for hospital around 7am, got there at 7.30am and things were still pretty managable and the midwife said she would be around as they were really busy, i kinda felt once i was there i went too early!
    Then we got to listen to the girl over the hall in the final stages of labour, and that wasnt good at all, it was damn scary actually! Then she finally had the baby and the placenta cord snapped so placenta didnt come out, so poor girl ended up having to have operation after all that, said to midwife that would suck going through all that and then having op as well!

Pains had started to progress a bit by around 10ish at a guess and she got me the gas, which was working at first but then stopped working, well it was a comedy act in there once i was on the gas, midwife come in the room and said 'here i am' but i thought she called me Kerry Ann, so i got the ****s and said my name is not Kerry Ann and she goes niether is mine lol, so from then on i called her Kerry Ann, and boy did i call her, who needs a buzzer when you can just scream out to them to come! So i was yelling through ward 'Kerry Ann" then Bill would say her name is Helen, so i would scream out 'Kerry Anne slash Helen' and that became her name!

At one point she asked me if i wanted something for pain and i said 'well it would be more helpful to me then you picking yourself an outfit Kerry Ann" she ****ed herself laughing! I then thought she was talking about me to other midwives, paranoia lol, so accused her of that lol

So we get to around 12.30 and pains were so intense and i really wanted to push, so was yelling to Bill get someone, so in the end she must of checked me and i was only 4cms!! After all that pain i was so dissapointed that i sobbed for ages about how bad that was! But from 12.30 till just before i had him i must of progressed and dialated pretty fast, that part sucked so bad, i was out of control, and the gas was doing nothing, well i am sure it was but it sure didnt feel like it was helping me at all, she said lets turn it off and then you will see its working, she was probally right

The end bit was a bit of a blur cause i was in so much pain by then, and they were wanting me to push but i couldnt remember how too, didnt get that sensation, same as with Luke i never got the pushing sensation, so they were all yelling at me by now, one midwife was trying to take the gas off me but i wrestled it back off her and said if you take it i am not doing anything! So now they are all panicking and telling me i have to get this baby out now, but that makes no difference when you are in pain so i was telling them i couldnt push and to help me while still wrestling with anyone who tried to take the gas off me, i was crawling up the bed away from the pain as well so i think they were trying to keep me on the bed, they were trying to hold me up to push but i couldnt push anyhow, i think in the end he must of just decided to get himself down there, i remember pushing a couple of times so maybe it was enough in the end

Anyhow he come out and the cord was wrapped around his neck twice, hence why they wanted him out so fast, and he bought the placenta with him, then the after pains hit, and they were up there with the worst of the labour! They put cooper on my stomach but i was saying get him off as the pain was so bad, i was yelling and carrying on and the spasms were really bad, they give me gas again i think or tablets, they were really bad all that day but did get bearable in the end.

So once i was with it a little bit, i had a panicked moment cause there was a guy in the room with an ambo's uniform on, so thought is something wrong with baby for him to be there, so i said to him 'what are you doing here?', he said he was just there for training, that they come in to watch births as they do them out there and like to see them for experience, i had waved about 4 ppl into the room to watch near the end, like i remember that! Like how they ask you when you are in pain if these ppl can come in!

So of course as you all know everything was fine with the baby and he is healthy and had no problems, was very very relieved and happy about that, thats all i wanted to hear was he was ok

The only problem they found at his discharge check is that his right testicle hasnt descended, so he has an empty sack there, but its no big drama and could drop down on its own in the next few months or otherwise i am not sure what they do, but noone was concerned and i am not either.
    ETA: It had descended on its own at his 5 day checkup with doctor so all good there now

All in all i will class this birth between Luke and Masons, it wasnt horrific, but it definately wasnt good either, i did end up with no stiches though, which is great as i had them both other times, had a small tear she said would heal on its own, so much better for recovery not having stitches anyhow

Well i think that about covers it all
    Last edited by Belinda; November 13th, 2006 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks for shaing your story belinda, and congrats on the birth of your beautiful son!!

LOL Belinda you crack me up!! I had a giggle at Kerry Anne WOW thank you for sharing your story with us... maybe Jovie could wait a few more days

LOL, You will have to change your user name to Kerry Ann!

Thanks Girls

And lol Fiona at changing my username

I keep focusing on the funny stuff and then the bad stuff kind of fades a bit more so thats one good thing

Cant wait to read your stories very soon! no pressure or anything lol

Great story Belinda. I'm glad you can have a sense of humour at a time like that!! Congrats on the safe arrival and on not having stitches!

thats was so funny to read,..... its nice to not be an emo crying pregnant lady whilst reading a birth story for once...
    congrats on your baby
    xoox

That's the funniest birth story I've ever read - with your humour you could recover from any sort of birthing experience!
    Congrats on your little man

Oh Belinda the Kerry Anne part was hilarious! Well done on a great birth.

Thanks everyone

Glad i could contribute some laughs in a labour story anyhow lol

I remember being in hospital for 2 weeks with Pre-eclampsia and there was 6 babies born in that time and it was opposite my room - the first couple scared the hell out of me - in the end i was sooo over it
    thanks for sharing your story

that would have to be the funniest birth stroy i have every read and im glad the midwife had a sense of humour as well. Congrats well done i all is well .

kittykat

Congrats on the birth of Cooper Joel!! Thankyou for sharing the birth story!

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
    I had a giggle too at "kerry ann"

Congratulations once again on the safe arrival of little Cooper