Thread: Corey's birth..........

Default Corey's birth..........

It was Sunday 18th September, the day after my due date.

We had been invited to the neighbours place for tea and where due to be there at 6pm for tea. At 5.30pm i was standing in the dining room when i felt a pop and decided i best go and investigate- it was my show followed by my waters breaking.

My husband suggested i ring the hospital to let them know what was happening, they told me to have something to eat, have a shower and to make our way to the hospital.We arrived at the hospital at 7.15pm, i was hooked straight up to the CTG and monitored for approx 45minutes during this time i was having very mild contractions roughly every 4-6 minutes but they were bearable.

After spending 2.5hrs in delievery when we first arrived we were taken to the maternity ward into a private room to wait for things to progress,as the pains were mild i was given some panadine forte and told to try and get some rest as she(midwife)said i'd probably have a fair way to go yet- it was 10.45pm.

By 11pm the contractions were coming thick and fast and lasting for a minute so i knew things were happening fast and it wouldn't be too much longer before we welcomed our little man into the world. At this point i asked my DH to call the midwive in to ask her when they will be taking me back to the delievery suite, the midwive told me to have a shower for half an hour or so to ease the pain - yeah right with contractions coming every minute or so and lasting a minute i couldn't see how a shower was going to be of any help but i got in anyway.

While i was in that shower i had two huge contractions and thought bub was going to be born in the shower if i stayed in there any longer .I got DH to get the midwive in again, she asked me to get onto the bed where she did an internal and discovered i was fully dialated(sp?) and was ready to push.Next thing i know 3 midwives come rushing in pulling the sides up on my bed and wheeling me around to the delievery suite- it was now 12.30 and just 14 minutes later our little "Corey"entered the world. He was perfect he weighed 3670gm(8lb2oz) was 52cm long and had a head circumference of 35.5cm.

Everything went well but i did have a few problems trying to deliever the placenta and was prept ready for surgery as they feared the cord was going to snap as they pulled on it- thankfully after a lot of pain and time i managed to deliever the placenta myself just in the nick of time.

Well that is my birth story, thanks for reading it and also thankyou all for your support over the past 9 months.

Take care Leah

Melinda Guest

Wow! Well done Leah!!! That was quite a quick labour!!!

Wow, that was so quick, pity about the placenta, being such a pain-literally!! 8-[

Thanks for sharing Leah and congratulations again!

THanks for sharing Leah! What a quick labour!

Gonrats Leah on the birth of Corey! Wow at such a quick labour!

Leah, what a fantastic birth you had, I had tears in my eyes reading it knowing what you`ve been through to finally have little Corey in your arms.

Take Care

Deeanne

What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, what a great story Leah! And what a quick birth too!
    Congratulations sweetie, you have done really well.

What a speedy delivery! Sounds like the midwives got there just in time LOL!

Congrats!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Congrats Leah!!!!!!!

kirsty Guest

Thanx for sharing your story.

what a great story!! Well done!!

Well done LEah
    it all happened quite quickly in the end, and welcome to your darling Corey
    best wishes Michelle

Leah, thanks for sharing - what a quick labour - well done!! =D>