Thread: Dylan Andrew's birth story!

Default Dylan Andrew's birth story!

20th April 2007 - Dylan's Due Date!

I woke up after a great night's sleep with mild contractions - this was around 7am when Louis woke up. Went to the toilet and noticed a bloody show. Finally, it must be really happening! After weeks of pre-laobur and thinking I was going early it's all starting on the due date - Cheeky bugger, I think!
    I get a wave of nerves and call dh telling him that I think today's the day but not to worry about rushing home. Contractions hang around and start to increase but I'm able to talk, walk and post on BB through them! 9am they're about 3-6min apart and I have lots more show...At around 10am I call dh to come home - mainly to watch Louis who must know somethings up and wants me to hol dhim each time I get a contraction. The contractions are irregular but getting stronger (a pattern that stays that way through the whole labour - I get now warning but just intense pain and sometimes they peak twice before dying off - definitely not text book labour!) Dh gets home around 11.30am and I call my Mum to come over and watch Louis. It's strange because I know I'm in labour but I'm scared that everythings just goin gto stop! I bounce on the fitball to try and help things along.
    We've called Dh's Mum - who lives and hour and a half away to come down also as she's going to be in delivery with us. Mum heads down the street where I request a banana smoothie (something that I'll regret later - lol) and then Dh's Mum gets down around 2.30pm. Contractions are definitely stronger but I'm still not convinced. Mum takes Louis so at least I can concentrate a bit more. I'm scared they'll fizzle out so around 4.30pm I make dh come for a walk with me. We head up a hill (not too steep) and my contractions come on nice and strong. In a short walk I get 5 contractions! Once we're home they're at a point where I need dh for support or I lean over our bed. I'm nervous that I'm not progressing but am getting to the stage where I'd like to go othe hospital even just for a check up to see where I'm at. At about 5.30pm I call and they tell me to make my way in, in the next 30min-1h. We get organised and jump in the car. Contractions in the car are a nightmare and walking into the hopsital I get a few as well. I'm walking through them but they HURT! Am sooo nervous but get seen straight away. I do a urine test (all fine) and then get an internal - I'm expecting her to tell me I'm only 1cm and have to go home - BUT - she tells me I'm 6cm dialated - Woo hoo!
    So no, they don't send me home but straight into the deliver suite. By now it's around 7pm. Dh heads down to get my bags and thats the last chance he gets to leave me! Everything happens quickly now - although the midwife's shift finishes at 9.30pm and doesn't seem to think she'll meet my bubba - what a challenge - LOL!
    I deal with contractions leaning over the bed for a while and then go on my knees on a bean bag leaning over teh side of the bed. Everythings getting really full on and I have one bad moment where I throw up and get myself into a bit of a panic where I have trouble breathing. I soon calm down though. One great thing about going drug free as I knew what my body was doing - I was so much more aware than first time. Soon after I was sick (midwife saying it was good as my body was clearing out) I got offered gas but didn't want it - I was in the I can't do this anymore stage and then I got the cold shivers. I remember thinking - ooh is this transition? Then I got some rests between super bad contractions where I just closed my eyes and took deep breaths and relaxed. I remember thinking it so nice to relax. Then my contractions changed and I felt more pressure - I hadn't felt the before and was excited thinking I might meet my baby soon! I was still waiting for my waters to break though. The midwife moved me up onto the bed and I stayed on my knees leaning over the head end of the bed. She said I could push if I want but I was scared in case my cervix wasn't dialated. At 9.25pm my waters broke and I rolled over onto my back. There was meconium in the waters so was told that I might need assistance getting him out (luckily didn't end up needing it though) Seh checked me and I was fully dialated so the pushing began. It was really intense but I pushed as hard as I could.
    At 9.39pm my little Dylan Andrew arrived into the world. God, nothing can describe the relief as he was pulled up onto my chest! It really is the most beautiful moment in the world. I felt on top of the world for going drug free and so much more alert than last time! I didn't need stitches as my perineum was intact although I tore upways but they weren't worried. I had big cuddles with Dyland and he had his first feed o nthe boob! He got weighed and measured - 3.36kg, 50cm long and 35cm head circ.
    They gave him a quick bath to rinse off the muck and then he was all ours!

This was my absolute dream labour - everything I'd wanted with Louis but wasn't to be. I was so proud that my body achieved this (after being induced 1st time around)
    Make's me excited for no.3!! (LOL!)

congrats on your dream labour, sounds perfect. great job, thanku for sharing ur story

Kris -
    You are the inspiration! Thanks for posting Dylan's beautiful story - it has been great sharing the ride with you..
    xxx

Hey Kris, been waiting for this! What a beautiful and empowering experience for you. Proud of you!!

Thanks guys!

I finally just wrote Louis' as well! A very different story - but still a perfect ending!

paradise lost Guest

Congratulations! What a great job you did.

Hana

You are a true champ Krisite you did an awesome job

What a fantastic story, Kristie! Well done

Wowee Kristie - your awesome!! What a great birth - makes me so hopeful I can have something like that. Well done!!!!