Thread: The early and quick delivery of Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth Bourke

Default The early and quick delivery of Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth Bourke

This is going to be a longish one so grab a coffee and park you bottom for the next 10 mins.....

After a early labour scare on the 24th of August (a day after daddy's 30th) I resigned myself to waiting until the 5th of September for my booking in c/s.
    I woke early on friday the 1st of August, mind you it was a 3am early and decided that it was a great time to start doing the washing, 4 bloody loads of it. I actually felt great having everything organised that morning. I took the boys to school and kinder and decided that I should mop my floors. I thought that I should maybe dry them so they wouldn't streak, so I got on my hands and knees and dried them with a towel. HMMMM yes i know but I was a mad woman pg and there was no stopping me. I had an anethatis appointment that day and dropped Wilhelm off at Jeds work. I waited 2 and a half hours for the cow only to be in there for 5 mins. Waddled home and felt so awake that by 9pm I crashed out lying across the bed.
    At 12 that night I woke and though, hmm Jed's still up watching amovie, I should get up go to the loo and move over for him. I tried rolling over and up but got a shocking pain under my rib cage. Thhinking I must have pulled something, I waited and finally got up only to have the same pain rip through my ribs again and knock me to the floor. Oh $hit, Ive got gastro. were my first thoughts. The pains were 2 mins a part and lasting for 1 min each time while they were getting harder. I felt like my rib cage was going to burst open through my chest. I got to the toilet then went into the lounge room were Jed was half asleep on the couch. He just looked at me and said ' we're not going until your water breaks this time'. I screamed in pain with the next one and he decided to ring the hospital. The midwife on the other end heard me and told Jed to bring me straight in cause I was in labour. I said crap cause I was in denial. Mum and dad came straight over and off we went. We got to the hospital at 1am on Saturday the 2nd of September. I had a cathiter (sp?) inserted (oh it was LOVELY) and the bung in my hand. Its been my first labour were I could lay down and not have any pain in my back. I was still in denial and kept telling them I had gastro pains, they all just grinned at me. I was finally wheeled down to the theatre were the doctor asked me if I wanted my tubes clamps. Jed said 'no f**kn way' and the nurse explained that I'd had a reversal and all the problems I'd had when my tubes were clamped (eg being pg 3 times and the pains). The doctor wasn't surprised at all. Im one of the 1.5% is happens to appartently (Lucky me). So Jed waited outside cause I didn't want him in with me under a general. It torn him up last time when I had one with Wilhelm and he saw the whole lot. As I changed over to the theater bed my waters broke everywere. Oh this is when I decided that denial was crap and that I was in labour. Vyolett was stuck in my pelvis and she had to be removed by forceps. My pelvis is twisted and the doctors said it was lucky I made it to the hospital before my waters broke cause she wouldn't have come out naturally. The next thing I remember was waking up in recovery and asking for my baby and jed. I never experienced that with the boys as I had always woken up 4 hours after surgury due to the general anni and had not even seen them. They bought Vyolett to me and I told them that she wasn't mine cause she was so little and beautiful.
    I will never forget the first time I saw her, I felt that connection straight away and I was able to bf her there and then. I felt completed. LIke I had actually had a natural labour and was so elated with my feeling I had for my little girl. Jed was there and it was just one of those moments that you wish would always last. I suppose after discussing it with Jed we felt that it was the closest we could get to natural cause she decided when she wanted to come into the world and not some doctor. We had our minds straight that we had to go to the hospital on tuesday and I had still 3 days up my sleave to calm my nerves and be scared the night before.
    I truely feel blessed that I have a loving husband that has been so supportive of me in the last 9 months, that i have to wonderful and caring sons and that I now have a beautiful daughter to call my own.
    I also feel blessed and privaliged to have been able to share my journey with other women who have been through our ups and downs along with their's on here. I feel like we're almost family, if not more and I thank them for being so supportive and loving in their own little ways and sharing their hearts and friendship with me.
    Thanks for reading the birth story of
    Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth Bourke
    born Satudary 2nd of September at 3.54am
    xxmaz

Oh Maz, that's such a wonderful story!
    Congratulations again. Relax & enjoy your little girl. -xx-

What a beautiful story and what a gorgeous name you have there for your new precious girl. Thanks for sharing.

Jo

Congratulations on the birth of Vylotte Rosemarie Elizabeth. Enjoy your little princess.
    Jenni

Wonderful story. well done

What a great story. Thank you for sharing it and congratulations again on the birth of Vylotte

Maz, that is a wonderful story. I am so pleased she has completed your family.

BTW - I checked our little Vyolett's site and you look amazing Maz, and she is such a divine little thing.

Oh Maz, that was lovely. Congratulations again.

Quote Originally Posted by maz
    I also feel blessed and privaliged to have been able to share my journey with other women who have been through our ups and downs along with their's on here. I feel like we're almost family, if not more and I thank them for being so supportive and loving in their own little ways and sharing their hearts and friendship with me.xxmaz
    "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

What are you trying to do girl!!??

Congrats again Maz...you did such a great job baking your little daughter!!

Thanks for sharing your birth story. So happy to hear that you were happy with how everything went. All the best .

Love

tiggy Guest

Beautiful story!
    Congratulations again.

Awww Maz she is too cute for words! Congrats again and thanks for sharing your story with us

oh maz lovely story, ill never forget the 9 month journey with you in the sept bb, you certainly put a big grin on my face, with your :eek: comments on lots of subjects

Such a wonderful story Maz.. and such a princess too!

Congratulations Maz and what a great story!
    Thanks for sharing

thanks for all your kinds thoughts. It really makes my day to know that so many of you care.
    Big hugs and kisses from me and little miss moo